Chapter 12

"I'm worried about daddy." Jamie tells Haley, as he, Haley, Brooke Sam and Ellie watched Nathan's slam ball game again.

"Yeah, me too, buddy, but the game's almost over, okay?" Haley tells him

"Do you know what I haven't had in my lap lately?" Brooke asks Jamie, who climbs over Haley plonking himself on Brookes lap.

"It's not really a secret." Sam states

"A Jamie Scott." Brooke replies

There's 15 seconds left of the game and the two teams are tied up, 58 to 58. One of Nathan's team mates throws the ball up and Nathan slams it into the ring, dunking it. Just as the timer runs out giving them the win. The whole crowd erupts into cheers.

Suddenly the opposition teams members run over to Nathan shoving him through the glass barrier. Everyone gasped as Jamie and Ellie jump up running down to Nathan, jumping the fence. Haley following behind.

"daddy." Jamie exclaimed

"You alright Uncle Nate?" Ellie questioned

"Hey. I'm fine, see? I'm all right." He said sitting up slightly.

"Don't play slamball anymore, daddy." Jamie tells Nathan

***

"Sam! Breakfast!" Brooke called as Ellie pored milk into a bowl of cereal. She walked over to her room knocking on the door before pulling it open, pausing as she saw Sam pushing a half naked guy out the window.

"He spent the night in your bed? In my house?!" Brooke questioned as Sam sat at the breakfast table

"Well, I thought it was bout time a guy stayed here." Sam stated

"Watch yourself." Brooke tells her

"Look, he's my friend, and he lives with is brother. And he just ... he beats on him sometimes, and he needed a place to crash." Sam explained

"Okay. Does this half-Nude, window-Fleeing friend have a name?" Brooke questioned

"Jack Daniels..." Sam tells her

"Like the drink?" Asked Ellie shoving a spoon full of cereal into her mouth.

"John "jack" Daniels." Sam corrected

"You expect me to believe that a boy Named after the white-Trash-Rock-Band drink of choice Spent the night in your bed and nothing happened?" Brooke asked

"Dude, I'm like 15." Sam exclaimed

"Like that matters! When i was 15..." Brooke paused "Never mind."

"Mama had me when she was 17." Ellie told Sam, earning a glare from Brooke

"Tell me when someone is staying in my house, And if your friend needs a place to "crash" again, He can sleep on the couch!" Brooke tells her "Now just... Go do something."

***

Lucas headed to the Ellie ' school at two o'clock for pickup duty. He parked his car and got out, as usual, and walked to the school yard where all the kids were playing. When Lucas went to check in and sign her out, he noticed Ellie standing at the far end of the playground with a boy in front of her. He didn't know the other boy so he watched their interaction.