Chapter 33

"Mum." Ellie said coming down into the lounge room, Brooke was watching TV, Julian was already in bed.

"Yeah?" Brooke asked, turning to see Ellie's, Red teary eyes and running nose, "El..." Brooke said gently "what's the matter baby?"

"I don't want to move." She said quietly, Brooke pulled her into a hug. Brooke sighed she knew this move was going to be hard on her.

"All my friends are here, and my school." Ellie told her mum "why do we have to move?" She added

"I've got a job offer, and It's better for Julian's job." Brooke says

"But Julian's been doing fine working from here." Ellie said sadly "and you can turn down your job."

"I know, but I can't have no job for the rest of my life, and Julian will be flying back and forth a lot if we stay in tree hill." Brooke says "I know your upset, and it's ok to be upset."

"But I don't want to go." Ellie sobbed

"I know." Brooke says, Ellie doesn't say anything else, just bury's her head into her mums side, crying until she finally fell asleep.

***

The sharks stand for the national anthem, along with the other team, coaches and parents. Madison was was playing it on the keyboard. Once she finished the two teams and coaches went to there appropriate dugout.

"Whoo! Okay. Everybody settle down, listen up." Nathan orders to the hyped up, kids who were more than ready to begin "Coach Baker has something he wants to say."

"Uh, so I know this is our first game, but it's the last game for me and El." Julian began, Ellie bit down on her lip, trying not to cry.

"You see, we are moving to New York, so..."

"Play ball!" The umpire yelled, and before Julian could finish the kids ran off, on to the filed ready to begin.

"Strike one!" The umpire yelled, as Ellie pitched the ball, number 15 not even attempting to swing and hit.

"Yeah! Let's go, Sharks!" A very tan Quinn yells from the bleachers.

"There we go! Nice one! Go, Sharks!" Clay cheers

"Let's go, Sharks!" Quinn calls again

"Attagirl!" Clay calls to Ellie "Two more just like that! Way to go, Sharks!"

"Yeah, way to go, Sharks!" Quinn yells, Ellie keeps pitching.

"All right, here we go, Sharks! Three up, three down! Let's go, let's go! Moving right along!" Clay yells, Ellie pitches a good ball, the batter gives it a gentle hit, rolling straight to Jamie. Jamie quickly grabbed it and threw it to Dylan who stood on first base, getting the kid out.

"Attaboy, Jamie!" Julian yells

"Yes! Very nice! Now hustle in! Real quick! Real quick!" Clay tells, the sharks all run over to the dugout, Nathan announces there players.

"All right, first up we have Chuck, which seems like a bad idea." Nathan muttered "Then it's Ellie, Jamie, and Madison. All right, let's get some hits."

"All right! Let's go, Sharks!" Clay cheers, as the kids all sit down.

"Chuck! Come on, buddy. You're up." Nathan calls out to him.

"Whatever." Chuck muttered standing up, Chuck didn't got great, he managed a hit, but got out on the first base. Now it was Ellie.

Ellie took her place on the plate tapping the bat ready.

The pitcher pitched the ball, Ellie swung and missed

"Strike one!" The umpire yelled, Ellie sighed getting ready for the next ball. Ellie hit the ball, but it skipped off the bat and went straight to the catcher.