Chapter 20

Nathan, Haley and Ellie stood in the living room watching Jamie, he had his cap on backwards, socks pulled up and was waving a red sheet around as if he was a bull fighter.

"Jamie?" Nathan asks chuckling

"Moving to Spain is bullshit." He tells them angrily.

***

"First of all, we do not use that kind of language ever..." Haley angrily told Jamie who sat in the bathroom, with a bar of soap in his mouth.

"I've heard Ellie swear, and aunt Brooke doesn't wash her mouth out with soap." Jamie tries taking the soap out his mouth.

"Only when I'm talking about grandma." Ellie tried to defend her self "mum calls her a bitch all the time." Ellie deadpanned

"And second of all, Spain is not gonna be... Caca del toro. It is gonna be an adventure and a learning experience. Do you understand me, son?" Haley questioned shoving the other piece of soap in Ellie's mouth.

"Forgiveness is love, you know?" Janie says, Haley turns around and glares at Nathan

"What did I do?" Questioned Nathan

"He's quoting your father now. It's unbelievable." Haley said shoving the soap back into Jamie's mouth again, before walking out the room.

"Come on. Give it up." Nathan says walking forward holding both hands out for the kids to spit the soap out.

"Ugh. That's gross." Ellie said

"Yeah." Nathan agreed "You sorry?" He added to Jamie

"I guess." He says "I just wanted you to play for the Bobcats again."

"I know, Buddy. I'll tell you what. You know what I do when I'm having a bad day?" Nathan asks

"What?" Jamie and Ellie ask together

"Go to the bar." Nathan says "Let's go."

"Sweet." Jamie says as they jump off the counter.

***

"Grubbs." Nathan greeted as the bar man walked over "How you doing, man? I want you to meet my son and Niece." He says motioning to the kids sat next to him "I mean, my old college roommate, and his partner, Jamie and Ellie." He corrected

"How old are you, two?" Asked Grubbs

"24, right, guys?"

"Yep." They both agree

"I was 23 but I had a birthday." Jamie adds

"Uh-huh. And, uh, when was this birthday?" He asks curiously

"June. Maybe. It changes sometimes." Jamie says

"It's good enough for me." Grubbs said beginning to pope Nathan a drink "Welcome to Tric."

"Grubbs has this gift where he can guess what everybody likes to drink." Nathan tells the kids "What do you say, Grubbs?"

"Whiskey..." he says placing a glass in front of Jamie, his eyes going wide. "For your roommate." Grubbs adds sliding it over to Nathan. "And for you two Beer. Root beer. Ice cold. Two cherries."

"Awesome." Smiled Jamie as Grubbs placed two cherries in each glass

"That's totally what I wanted." Added Ellie

"Cheers." Nathan said as the three of them clinked glasses.

***

"I don't know, Grubbs. It's like one day you're in school, and your world makes sense... friends, classes, recess." Jamie told Grubbs "The next day... Spain. Bet they don't even have recess in Spain."