Chapter 21

"The girl behind the brown door." Ellie said as they watched a guy paint Lucas's bedroom door brown.

"Doesn't have the same ring to it." Brooke sighs as Julian walks In

"Hey, Brooke, Hey El. How you doing?" Asked Julian

"Yeah, I'm just watching a teamster paint my adolescence a fugly shade of brown." Brooke said

"Oh. I guess there's a lot of memories around here for you." Julian said

"You could say that." Brooke muttered "In high school, this was Lucas' bedroom."

"Mm." He said looking down at Ellie "Now that burned into my brain, how we, uh, doing on the wardrobe choices for scene 23?"

"The big love scene..." Brooke said holding up two dresses. "Slinky off-the-shoulder, tight-and-revealing."

"Nice." Julian tells her "I knew hiring you as costume designer was the right move."

"Thank you." Brooke smiles

"Let me see them on her before I make a decision." Julian adds, as he and Brooke walk out the room.

***

Ellie and Brooke knocked on the door at the Scott's house, Jamie pulling it open.

"Hey Ellie, hey aunt Brooke." He greeted opening the door.

"Hey Jamie." They both smiled

"Are Junk and Fergie here?" Asked Brooke

"Yeah, there upstairs." Jamie said quickly "playing video games." He adds

"Alright, I'll pick you up after alright, El."

"Yep, love you." Ellie said as Jamie pulled her in, quickly shutting the door.

"What's going on?" Asked Ellie

"Junk and Fergie aren't coming." Jamie smiles

"Do we have the house to ourself?" Asked Ellie grinning.

"Yep!" Jamie exclaimed "you wanna make milkshakes?"

"Yeah!" Ellie agreed, the two kids ran to the kitchen pulling out whatever sort of chocolate toppings, ice cream, cherry's, pretty much anything you could think of that would go with a milkshake went in.

"It's really chocolatey." Ellie said taking sip, before sitting it back into her cup.

"It is." Agreed Jamie doing the same, they left there milkshakes, completely ignoring the mess they had made and going to the bathroom. Jamie began pulling out shaving cream, putting it all over his face like a beard.

"Really?" Asked Ellie "a whole house to your self and you out shaving cream on your face."

"It's like a beard." Jamie tells her, spraying some on her face. Ellie laughs pulling out a bottle of Nathan's hair gel.

"What are you doing?" Asked Jamie, as she poured a lot onto her hands.

"I'm giving you a Mohawk." She said beginning to style Jamie's hair. Once they what finished they began cutting laps around the house, enjoying being able to run inside and jump on the couch.

"How about we make pancakes?" Ellie suggested.

"A giant pancake." Added Jamie grinning.

They began making the pancake mix, flour and milk going everywhere, adding to the mess from the milkshakes. Finally the poured it into a pan, having to use a giant shovel to be able to flip it.

"What should we do next?" Asked Jamie and they flipped down on the couch after finishing the giant pancake.

"Maybe we should play dress up with uncle Nate and aunt Hales clothes." Ellie suggested.