Chapter 17- Find the Pieces

~Vikk's POV~

I jump as I hear my phone vibrate from my bedside table. Groaning in annoyance, I sit up and shut my phone up. Thank goodness my nightmares didn't bother me last night or I would've been a wreck. It's 5:45 so, I rise from my bed and head to my bathroom to take a quick shower.

After my shower, I dress in a white Sidemen hoodie, black sweat pants, and black sneakers. Crap. I should call them and tell them I'm fine. Eh, later. I grab my phone and head downstairs, skipping steps every once in a while. I sit in the kitchen, waiting for Jaz. As I scroll through my Twitter, I hear the ding of the elevator and Jaz's crutches hitting the floor.

"Hey! Ready to go?" she says, approaching me.

"Ready," I reply smiling. She hands me a pair of sunglasses and without hesitation, I slide them on face. I grab the car keys from the counter and help Jaz out the door to her Maxima.

"You look like an actual High School student. The height helps," she says, giggling.

"Oi, mate. It's not my fault I come from a short family," I reply, crossing my arms.

"Tell that to Lachlan. He's a flippin' giant. How tall is he? 6 foot 2?" I nod my head, sticking the key in the ignition. I back out the driveway heading to her school. Rob gave me the directions on my phone, so Jaz doesn't have to repeat herself several times. I was just about to ask her a question when I see she's asleep. That was fast. As I kept driving, the song "Find the Pieces" came on from Jaz's phone. (Play song)

I love that song. A few minutes later, I pull up to Northern Burlington High School. I shake Jaz awake, and her eyes slowly flutter open.

"We're here," I explain, climbing out the car. I collected her stuff from the back and help Jaz out the passenger side. Before I step on school grounds, I pulled up my hood. Then, I follow her to the courtyard where we sit at a table by the door. I take out my phone, looking through Twitter again.

"OMG! Jaz, WTF happened?" I hear next to me. I look up to see Jaz hugging a girl with dark brown, curled hair and light brown skin.

"I'll tell you later, Genesis, but can you swear to keep a BIG secret?" Jaz says, looking at me. I nod my head, assuring she can tell her. "Yeah. Fire away."

"Well, say hi to Vikk," she says pointing to me.

"Hi. I'm Vikk. Nice to meet you," I say, keeping my voice down because my accent is noticeable.

"Wait. THE Vikk. Hi, I'm Genesis, but you can call me Geni. Ok. At lunch, your explaining EVERYTHING," Genesis says.

"I gotta get to class early. The whole injury thing... Yeah," Jaz suggests. "See you at lunch. Bye Geni!"

"Bye Jaz! Nice meeting you, Vikk!" she replies, waving. I wave back following Jaz into the school.

-Time Skip to Lunch-

"Come on. We gotta meet Genesis at my car," Jaz grabs me by my arm and drags me outside. She sees the confused look on my face, responding with, "Oh. The seniors with drivers licenses can drive out for lunch. We're going to StarBucks." Well, that answers my question.

We rush to the car to see Genesis looking down at her phone. As we approach her, she looks up smiling at us. "Hey. Ready for some StarBucks?" I chuckle at her remark as she gets in the back seat.

"You can take your sunglasses and hood off, you know. No one really goes to StarBucks," Jaz tells me. When I take them off, I feel way better.

"Finally. I feel free. My eyes hurt though," I say, rubbing my eyes.