Chapter 16- Back to School in May

~Rob's POV~

At 5:30 AM, I groan as Jaz shakes me awake to take her to school. Five minutes have passed and I'm still in bed. Jaz takes it into her own hands and flips my mattress over. For an injured woman, she sure is strong. "Hey!" I whisper/shout at her. All she does is smirk and walk away. Welp. I'm fully awake. I fix the bed and walk to my bathroom.

~Time Skip of Skippiness~

I'm all dressed and ready to go, so I walk downstairs to see Jaz all ready to go. "Took you long enough."

"Well, I'm sorry. I still haven't got over it...." I scoff at her.

"Yeah. Sorry," Jaz sighs as she rises from her chair and out of the door.

I grab the keys from the counter and follow Jaz out the door. As I hop down the stone staircase, I see Jaz approach a pearl white Maxima. Damn. That car looks expensive!

"I know." I feel heat rise to my cheeks as I realize I said that out loud. I hear her giggle as she carefully enters the passenger's side, throwing her crutches and backpack in the back. I roll my eyes and plop down right next to her in the driver's seat. I stick the keys in the ignition and twist the key, making the car roar to life. I grasp the steering wheel and pull out of the driveway.

"So, where to?" She gives me directions to her school, Northern Burlington High School. It takes a little over 15 minutes, but we eventually arrive about 20 minutes early. I park in the drop-off lane and help Jaz out the car. I place the bag on her back and hand her the crutches.

"Thanks, Rob!" Jaz says as she hugs me and walks, well "crutches" away into her fairly large school.

~Later in the Day~

~Vikk's POV~

Sunlight bursts through my window as my eyes flutter open. Finally, a night without horrible nightmares. I swing my legs over my bed and head to my bathroom, doing all my business. As I exit the bathroom, I peek at my digital alarm clock on my bedside table. 12:57 PM. I was probably the only one asleep. I slowly open my door and trot down the stairs towards the kitchen. Rob is sitting there talking to Preston.

"What's Poofless talking about?" I say as I approach them.

"Oh, fudge off you little darude sandstorm," Preston gives me a 'really? now?' look.

"Someone call me," the Australian jumps into the room sitting next to me. I roll my eyes and grab some pop tarts from the pantry. I throw a small piece of it at Lachlan, but he catches it in his mouth. "Oi! The RKO out of no where!" Rob screams finally barging into the conversation. Everyone bursts out laughing. I even fall out of my chair, there is just so much banter going on.

"Nah! I can't! The.. banter.. is too.. much!" I manage to get out. The laughter dies down and everyone's face is redder than a tomato. "Wait, where's the Benj?"

"Outback. He's in the pool. I guess he needs some time to himself," Lachlan replies. I nod my head and finish my pop tart. I head upstairs to get a pair of swim trunks on. During the week, Jaz gave us some money to buy clothes because all of ours were back at home. I grab a towel from the closet and head back downstairs.

"Where'd the Flower King go?" I ask as I see Rob isn't here.

"He went to go pick up Jaz from school. She gets out at 1:30," Preston replies. Man, I wish I got out that early. I shrug it off and head into the back yard. I see Mitch just swimming laps in the pool. I set my towel on a lounge chair and cannon ball in next to Mitch. I definitely scared the hell out of him because he fell backwards out of the position he was in. I swim up to the surface and laugh until my hearts content. He gives me a look of anger and goes underwater. In seconds, I'm under with him and he starts tickling me. I needed air so I pushed him off of me as I rise to the surface.

"Darude, Mitch. Darude," he comes up laughing at me. I join in.

"Damn my height! I'm laughing so much, it's hard to stay above water!" I say as I swim to the shallow end until I stop laughing. Mitch and I chill for a good 30 minutes, before jumping out. We walk into the room to see Lachlan and Preston playing COD on the XBOX.

"Mates, you playing without us?" Mitch glares at both of them. They both smirk and continue to spam the buttons. The front doors slam closed telling us Rob and Jaz are home.

"Eeeeyyy!" I shout giving Rob a hug. I look over at Jaz a embrace her as well, but she instantly starts soaking my shirt.

"Woah. You alright?" I say picking her up and taking her to the living room. I carefully set her on the couch and she starts explaining.

"Today was a total bust. I couldn't focus on anything. None of my friends were here today so they couldn't help me. It was so hard to get from class to class. Thankfully, they let it slide because of my injury. In history, we watched a... war movie. Lots of Death. It reminded me of..." She couldn't even finish and that's when all the tears were shed. Even Mitch cried. "What am I gonna do?"

Then, the most craziest idea popped into my mind. "Why don't one of us go with you to school?" Everyone gave me a 'you crazy' look. "Aw, c'mon. What's the worst that can happen?"

"Wait. What if people recognize us?" Rob questions. He's right. YouTube can really change a person's life, huh?

"Nah. My school has no life. Probably 20 people will know you, but other than that you're fine," Jaz replies. I smile because I'm glad they agree with my plan.

"I'll go tomorrow. Might as well get out of the house," I say. Well, I'm going back to school.