Chapter 15- Darkness

~Jerome's POV (Whaa?)~

All I could see was black. I couldn't even see my own hands. I slowly rise from the ground, knowing I was tired. I'm on my feet and start walking in a random direction.

Is this really what death feels like? Nothing? Pitch Black?

I keep walking until I see a small light source. Concerned, I move towards it. After what felt like ages, I finally approach what seems to be a hospital room. I look to see myself, laying still on the light blue bed. As I'm staring at myself, I'm snapped out of my trance by a door opening roughly behind me. I smile appears on my face seeing everyone, besides Jaz, stand by my side. Everyone smiles to see I'm alright, but Mitch just stares at me, emotionless, which makes my lips curve downward. I see the clear tears run down his face as he dashes out of the room. I know I cannot follow. Preston and Lachlan run after him, and Rob and Vikk stay behind.

After, Rob slowly approaches me. "I know you probably can not hear a single word I'm saying to you, but who cares. We want you to know that we are all here for you and we care so much, especially Mitch. You've been friends since the 4th grade with him and survived through thick and thin. And, you're not the only one suffering. Jaz is going through surgery as I speak to nothing, but air and well kinda Vikk. Anyway, please wake up. For us. For Jaz. For Mitch." He rises and sits next to Vikk. Rob is so good at this stuff that I'm in tears.

They look like they are about burst when Rob gets a phone call and leaves the room. It's just Vikk and I, but not for long when a nurse kicks him out. Of course, I'm alone. I just need to wake up, but something's keeping me from doing it. I just have to keep fighting.

~Jasmine's POV~

Ever since Jerome's incident, I've been depressed. Not super depressed, but just enough for me to have nightmares and not eat much. At least I'm not alone. The guys aren't doing too hot either, especially Mitch. He doesn't post many videos on his channel and it worries his fans. We sometimes get him to record multiple videos and post them, but then he goes back to sad, old Mitchell. Once, I passed his room, and he was listening to his song, Endstone (above). Poor Mitch.

The other guys stick to their daily recording schedule and I'm glad they are all staying strong. Especially, since Mitch breaks down all the time. Vikk is still traumatized from the events that occurred the past few weeks. In the middle of the night, he wakes up screaming from his nightmares. He never mentions them when we ask him, and ends up curled up under his covers. But he manages.

Every other day, we visit Jerome at the hospital. He's still in a coma state. The doctors have no clue when he will awaken, and if he doesn't wake up soon, he may die. Surprisingly, Mitch stayed calm and actually became more active. I guess it was motivation for himself and for Jerome's sake.

"Hey, Jaz?" Preston said, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Aren't you still in school?" he asked. I didn't totally forget about school, but he did remind me I have to return tomorrow.

"Yes. Senior year."

"Only a few more months," Lachlan said with his thick Australian accent. I giggled at his remark. That's the first time I laughed in a while.

As Rob drove back to the house, I was thinking to myself.

Will I be the same old Jaz at school?