Chapter 4- Preston

~Preston's POV~

I star at my computer screen thinking about what just happened. My head goes to my hands. Lachlan, Mitch, Jerome, Vikk. All in danger. I hear Rob sigh deeply. "Do you think we're next?"he asks.

I think about it for a moment. It's definitely a pattern, so yeah, we're next. "Maybe. Just stand your guard. I'll see if Lachlan will pick up his phone. Maybe he's conscious again."

I pick up my phone and dial Lachlan's number. It rings, but never picks up. " No response." I say. Tears fill my eyes. "What i-if they're d-dead?" "DON'T SAY THAT!!!!" Rob screams. "THEY'RE NOT DEAD!!!! THEY'RE JUST UNCONSCIOUS AND STUCK IN VANS!" He starts sobbing and I'm now crying. I stop and manage to muffle an apology. "Sorry, I'm just scared for them." He sighs. "Me too."

"I'll be back. I'm going to the kitchen need anything?"

"Water. Parched throat from screaming."

I walk downstairs to grab a soda for me and water for Rob. I go to the bathroom and splash water on my face. My eyes are red from crying. They sting. I wash them out with water, but they still hurt. I hear the door open thinking it was Rob because I saw the black shirt he was wearing. I looked up and I couldn't see. He put a bag over my head and I felt as if I was suffocating. He tied my hands behind me. I freaked out and I screamed for Rob. I heard footsteps, but I wasn't sure it was him. I felt the guy pulled off of me. I fell to the ground hard. Rob removed the bag from my head. I could breathe again. He untied the rope around my wrists and I felt better.

"Thx man." I say still trying to catch my breath.

"No prob." He said hugging me.

I saw the man behind Rob get up and run out. "He's gone." I point in the direction he ran. "Good." He says. "Only if that happened to the others..." Silence.

We got up and sat down on the living room, thinking. My head still hurt from the lack of air. Suddenly, it hurt even more when I was knocked unconscious.