Chapter 11- Sweet Escape

~Jasmine's POV~

Mitch and I head out towards the main room. We stick to the walls so we aren't out in the open. I hand Mitch my frying pan so he at least has a weapon to defend himself with. I sneak up on a guy and knock him out. There are 2 other men in here besides Vikk, Lachlan, Jerome, Preston, and Rob. Mitch snuck up on one and I snuck up on the other. We knock them out at the same time and run up to the boys. I managed to untie Preston, Rob, and Vikk. Mitch unties Jerome and Lachlan. We are about to run out the door when we are surrounded by men.

"So, you thought you could escape? It took us week to make this happen. You think we're gonna give up that easily?" says the boss. He looks at me and frowns. "Get your hands off my second-in-command!" "Actually," I say turning off the voice replicator and taking off my mask. "I'm on their side." I smirk and throw a smoke bomb that I found on one of the men. "This way!" I scream pointing towards the back. They follow me and we are in the backyard. Everyone hops the fence and I help Vikk out. We sprint towards the park and hide in a tree house. I pull out a map from my hoodie and display it on the floor.

"Ok. Here's the plan. Rob, Preston, and Vikk, you will take this map and run towards the huge park in the center of the neighborhood. There is a giant slide that has a button on the back of it. Push it and go down the staircase and close the hatch. You'll be safe in there. No one knows about it except me and my friends. So if they're down there, say Jaz sent you. Make sure you help Vikk. Got it?" They all nod. "The rest of you will come with me the long way. We have to split up so they don't track us all down. Here take this for a weapon." I give Rob the frying pan and we split up.

As we take the long way, I realize it's morning. We were there that long? I keep running, but stop because there is really no need to run. I look at my surroundings and take a right into a large circle of houses. I hide behind a car and call my friend, Dahmani.

(Jaz- J, Dahmani-D)

D- Hello?
J- Hey Dahmani. It's Jaz.
D- Hey! What's up?
J- I need you to go to the cove. Like Now!
D- Why? It's like 9 AM!
J- Look, I have friends going there now and I need you to make sure they make it back safely. One is injured so help him out.
D- Okay. How many are there?
J- 3. I have 3 others with me.
D- Alright. See you soon.
J- K. Bye.
He hangs up.

"Sorry let's keep going."

~Preston's POV~

"Ok. We're almost there. How you doing Vikk?" I ask him. "Can...barely...walk." He says as he collapses to the ground. I run over to him and put him on my back. "Holy Shrimp, Vikk! You're so light, you little cactus!" I keep walking and stop at a large Banyan tree. I set Vikk down and look at the map. We're only a few minutes away. "We can't stop now. Let's move. Vikk?" "I can walk for a little bit more." He says and I help him up. We walk a little farther, until I hear screams from Vikk.

I turn and see a syringe being inserted in his side. Rob knocks the guy out with the pan, but more come. I try to help Vikk, but he screams every time I move him. I see Rob still fighting and turn back to Vikk. "This is gonna hurt you more than its going to hurt me." I put him over my shoulder real fast and he screams super loud. "Rob! Let's go!" He follows and we sprint towards a tree nearby. I trip and fall in a ditch along with Rob and Vikk. They surround us and I'm shaking like crazy.

"We got 3 of them," a man says into a walkie talkie. They grab Vikk as he moans in agony. Before they could do anything else, a boy in a Merome t-shirt and jeans tackles the guy to the ground. I rise and grab Vikk off the grass and set him by Rob. I help the boy take out the rest of the men and run away. We stop when it's only us. "Thanks man. You really helped us back there." No problem, Preston," he says. "Hey! A fan!" I say, happy that he's not crazed like most people. "Yeah. What's up with Vikk? What happened?"

"He was beat up, trying to fight back. He was also injected with a liquid that makes him feel pain," I explain. He nods and asks us to follow him to the giant park. He presses the button behind the slide and we enter the hideout. "You know Jaz?" I ask. "Yep. She was the one who sent me to make sure you guys were ok." I look around the hide out and it was AWESOME!!! It had all these cool stuff like a ping pong table, a TV set with several consoles, and even a mini fridge with so much food! "Like it?" He notices my expression. I nod, speechless.

"Bring Vikk in here." He motions us to a sort of medical room and Rob sets him down on the medical bed. Dahmani gets a syringe from the cabinet. "Where did the man insert the liquid?" He asks. I point to the area and he inserts the syringe and removes some blood. He analyzes it and has an instant response. "It's nothing serious. It's a harming serum that produces fake pain, but doesn't harm the human body. Vikk is fine on that matter, but he has an injury on his left side. Not severe but needs medication." He pulls a serum from the top cabinet and pours it into the syringe. He injects it into Vikk's injury, his left arm and his right arm. "There. That should heal him. It's an instant healing serum. It heals most of his injuries within 30 minutes. All he needs is rest." "Thx. What's your name?" I ask.

"Dahmani. I'm in medical school." He replies.

"Makes perfect sense," Rob says with a laugh.

~Lachlan's POV~

"We're close. Don't stop now." Jaz says. My feet are killing me. It feels like we've been walking forever. We are at a a park, but it's not the main park. We rested for a bit, but only for water. Then, we were back on our feet. "How much longer?" I ask impatiently. "About 8 more minutes. Just hang in there." She replies. Jaz turns around to talk to Jerome when she pauses.

"Uhh. Where's Mitch?" I look back along with Jerome. Then, we hear yelling. We all run towards the noise. We see Mitch on the ground fighting for his life. We go over to help, but I'm pulled back with a knife on my neck. "No one move!" I hear behind me. Everyone pauses as they look at me and my terrified face. "Any other movements will cause little Lachy to say goodbye." I feel myself being dragged backwards toward the street. Where's Jaz? I hear doors open then, I fall to the floor. I turn around and see the man who grabbed me has a knife in his knee. Jaz was hiding in the van, ready to attack. She removes the knife and returns to me help me up. "You good?" she asks me. I nod, in shock. Then, Jaz screams. She has a large knife in her ankle. I knock out the man and help Jaz remove the knife. She yells as I pull on the knife. It's super deep so it takes awhile before it's out. Blood pours out of the wound. I pick her up and rush towards Mitch and Jerome. Mitch is at Jerome's side, crying for him to awaken

"What happened?" I yell running up to him. "Jerome got stabbed in his side and I didn't realize until all of those men fled. I think he's loosing too much blood," he says as he takes of his shirt and places it over his wound. He picks up Jerome carefully.

"What happened to Jaz?" Mitch asks me. "Jaz got stabbed in her ankle. She can't walk and the knife went deep." I explain, then we dash off. "Where do we need to go Jaz?" She explains the directions and eventually we end up at the park. We hit the button and travel down the stairs. We see Preston and Rob talking while Vikk sleeps peacefully on the couch. "What the fudge happened?" Preston rises from the floor and looks at Jaz and Jerome. "She got stabbed in the ankle and Jerome got stabbed in the side. He might have lost too much blood," Mitch says. "Bring them to Dahmani," Rob says pointing to a room. We do as we are told and bring them to a boy in a Merome t-shirt. We set Jaz on the bed and Jerome on another. We leave.

"This place is amazing!" Mitch says jumping on the second couch. "Isn't it?" Preston replies. I look over at Vikk and Rob says I could wake him up. "Vikk. Wake up," I calmly say as he slowly sits up. Most of his bruises have disappeared and all of his cuts are healed. "Wow, Vikk. You look good as new!" I say surprised. "The serum really worked," he says examining himself. He sits up and grabs something from the mini fridge in the corner. He tosses me a soda and we just chill there for awhile. Dahmani exits the room to give us some news.

"Jaz needs to go to the hospital for medical attention. Unfortunately, the healing serum can't heal broken bones. I've wrapped up the wound so she doesn't lose anymore blood. She'll be okay," he says. "What about Jerome?" Mitch asks worried. "He also needs medical attention, but his is more severe. The knife cut a few veins and arteries. He lost a lot of blood, but not too much. I've wrapped up the wound but we should leave immediately." I grab Jaz and Mitch grabs Jerome and we head out.