𝑁𝑜 𝐵𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠

The next thing they knew, they were on the move again and ran right into the boy's restroom

The next thing they knew, they were on the move again and ran right into the boy's restroom. Ethan slammed the door behind him and him and Camille kept their backs pressed against it. "No! My glasses!" The girl cried, realizing her glasses had slipped off her face, right outside the door.

"Alright, we're safe in here. Teachers would never enter a students washroom. It's like an unwritten rule in education." Benny assured them, completely confident.

"Sure. Right up there with, 'don't eat students brains."

"And 'no girls in the boys bathroom'!" Camille cried in disgust, closing her eyes tightly. But as soon as she did, the sound of banging on the door began. Benny jumped to help his friends keep the door shut.

"You know whose fault it really is?" He asked them rhetorically. "Sarah's!"

"Why don't you fight your own battles?" He mocked her. Weirdly enough, the door was pushed open harshly, and in came just the girl he was talking about.

"Did I miss anything?"

"Uhh..." Benny awkwardly looked over to Camille, who glared at him, then to Ethan who shared his awkward look. "We were just talking about you.. hurray! We're saved."

"We were worried about you." Ethan admitted to her.

"Some more than others." Camille sent a death glare in Benny's direction.

"I had a vision of what turning people into zombies." Ethan began. "It's coffee."

"I know. Lotta latte." Sarah scoffed, now standing both her back against the door.

"You knew and just let me drink it?" Camille questioned, crossing her arms.

"I just had a chat with the folks down there earlier." Sarah told them. She crinkled her nose in a way, letting them know she was definitely not 'chatting'.

"I-i-i tried to call you to warn you." Ethan informed the fledgling. "You never picked up."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I kinda lent my phone to mr Callingwood."

Camille raised her eyebrows. "That's code for 'beat the hell out of them', right?" She questioned, chuckling at the slow and judging nod Sarah sent her way.

Benny ran for the door, realizing how quiet it was outside the door. Peeking through, he saw everyone laying on the hallway floor, seemingly lifeless. Camille thoughtlessly joined his side, peeking her head over his shoulder to see the same, everyone laying on the ground.

"All right." Benny turned his head, freezing when his eyes met Camille's whose face was just inches away from his. Why did she look at his like that? Why did he look at her like that? She jumped away first.

"Umm..." he quickly cleared his throat, stepping further away as Camille moved all the way over to Ethan. "Can we go now? I mean... after..." he cleared his throat again awkwardly, pointing at a sign on the door, "I wash my hands, of course."