𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑑𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑑

After a long and boring day of school, the trio was walked down the hallway, side by side as they were still trying to grasp everything that happened the night before. Camille was worried sick about Rory, especially since he hadn't answered any of her calls or texts.

"Wazzuuuuuah!" They heard Rory's voice say, immediately gaining their attention. They watched as the blonde boy strutted towards them, sunglasses covering most of his face and a line of sunscreen on his nose.

Camille's face lit up as she wanted no time leaping to embrace the boy into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay." She said, her arms around his neck as her voice was muffled in his jacket.

"Alive an well, baby." Rory bragged as Camille finally let go. The girl couldn't stop smiling at the boy, happy that he was okay.

She turned to the boys standing behind her, seeing them standing back in shock. They didn't expect to actually see him alive after witnessing him get bit by Erica. "Rory..." Ethan paused, too shocked to speak. "We thought you were dead."

"All I know is: I woke up the next morning after the party, feeling pretty awesome." Rory explained as he moved his hands. "No asthma, I don't need my glasses, and I barely have to sleep anymore. The only problem is the sun- kinda annoying."

"You're a fledgling too?" Benny asked, making Camille realize she still hasn't told them that she drank human blood. Right after they got to Ethan's house, she quickly made an excuse and left so she didn't have to explain anything to them.

Rory scoffed at the words. "Heck no! I'm rocking on the full-on vampire action, dude." He lifted his fingers up, forming the letter 'v'. Camille smiled at the boy, kinda happy she hadn't been the only one to become a full vampire the other night. "The big V!" He shouted. He looked over to Camille saying, "Jesse told me you did too. That's sick! We can be like the best V duo ever!" He held his hand up to the girl for a high five.

"Can I get a What-What?" Camille cheered, high diving her blonde friend.

"What?" Ethan questioned, completely shocked to find out that not only Rory, but his best friend had drunk human blood. "You guys drank human blood?"

Camille's smile vanished as Ethan said what she was afraid he was gonna say.  She had stayed up all night, thinking of ways to tell him and Benny.

"They said if I didn't, I'd die." Rory explained, looking at their disappointed reactions. "All the other kids were doing it!"

"Do have any idea what you guys've done to yourself?" Benny questioned.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't in a dying mood!" Camille defended.

"We're immortal and all powerful, dude!" Rory exclaimed, kicking his leg.

"Ka-chow!" Rory and Camille chanted, doing their handshake.

Camille's smile fell as concern washed over her, seeing Jesse's crew of vampires lurking behind Rory. She noticed Gord looking at her, making her even more nervous as she thought back to the night before.

Rory, noticing her concern, looked behind him to see the vampires waiting on him. "Sorry, I gotta go to Church." He said. "Oh, by the way. Jesse was wanting you to come as well." He explained to Camille.

"Church?" Ethan questioned. "Vampires don't do church."

"Jesse says we have to." Rory shrugged. He looked back to the vampires glaring at him and he leaned closer to his friends to whisper, "he's so bossy. He's all blah-blah, the prophecy, and blah-blah, you must find the Cuban animals, or-"

"Cuban animals?" Ethan and Benny questioned.

"You're going to Cuba?" Camille asked, her brows furrowed in confusion.