chapter nineteen

"neymar?" i frowned at the man, "what're you doing here?"

"am i not allowed to get food?" he smirked up at me from the other side of the counter.

"no, i mean, yeah, but, shouldn't you be eating healthy?" i looked behind him to make sure that there wasn't a queue building.

"yeah okay, i just wanted to talk to you, can we talk?" he looked behind as well, noticing a few people starting to point over at him. "when's your break?"

"fifteen minutes." i told him, "you can't stay in here, it'll get busy and then my break'll get delayed."

"my cars outside, can you meet me there?" i nodded, "you'll know what one."

i nodded again, even though he'd already turned around towards the exit. why did he want to speak to me? he'd hardly said two words while we were all out to eat yesterday, and now he was showing up at my work.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

when he said that i'd know what car was his, i thought that he was just being cocky. but walking out to the car park, it was more than obvious that the only neon green sports car was his.

you'd think that being in another country and having to rent a car would mean that he'd get an average car, but of course not.

"oi." i knocked against the window when i realised that the door was locked, "let me in. i bought food."

"keep your top on." he pushed the door open, "i didn't want randoms trying to molest me."

"okay, i don't know what you eat, so i've got selects and a cheeseburger for you." i told him, pushing the bag over the centre console.

"what the fuck is a select?" he reached into the bag and pulled out the box.

"like a long chicken nugget?" i looked down at them, "i actually don't know how i'd describe a select."

i looked back up at him, now with a chicken select hanging out of his mouth, and shielded my eyes from the sun, because he just had to park directly where the sun was hitting.

"hm," he reached across to the sun visor above my head and pulled it down.

"thank you." i nodded over at him, "nice?"

"fuck yeah." he shoved the rest of his select into his mouth, "really good."

"glad." i grinned, "i love giving people food."

"your freckles are cute y'know?" he reached across and ran his thumb along the freckles on my nose.

"mine?" i placed my hand to my face, "you think so?"

"mhm." he nodded, "you shouldn't cover them up all the time."

"hm, well i can't wear makeup for work, so that's really the only time i don't cover them up." i told him, reaching across to touch his nose.

"what're you doing?" he laughed at my finger approaching his face, lightly slapping it away.

"you touched mine," i shrugged, "just returning the favour."

he hadn't put his own sun visor down, so the sun was shining right into his eyes, making me realise that i'd never paid this much attention to how pretty they were.

"i want to eat your eyes."

"what?" he reached for another select, "is that some kind of sexual fantasy or something?"

"no, like, they're just so pretty," i leaned back in my seat, "so."

"so?" he raised his eyebrows, "what?"

"you said you wanted to speak." i reminded him, reaching over to take a select for myself, "so what d'you want to talk about?"

"it wasn't really anything in particular." he admitted, "i just felt bad for how rude i was to you when i called you the other week."

"it's fine." i shook my head at him, "i'm over it."

"no like, i was going to call you back, but i didn't know if i'd upset you, so i didn't, but i felt really bad." he told me, "and then mariela was being kind of a bitch to you yesterday."

"yeah." i nodded, "she was, and i don't know why. have i done something wrong?"

"no, no, she's just like that." he shrugged, "she gets jealous, y'know?"

"i get being jealous, but i don't think i did anything that would make her jealous, i literally didn't even speak to you." i pulled my leg up onto the seat, "and then she just embarrassed me like that."

"yeah, and i'm sorry for that." he shook his head, "i did speak to her about it when we left."

"well she won't be getting any free food off me next time you come here." i joked, "not that i'm planning on seeing her in a mcdonald's any time soon."