chapter two

i watched as max and charlie observed my phone, they had come up with the genius idea of messaging the three footballers that had viewed my story.

i told them that it was a dumb idea, i had probably just come up on their explore pages. max was certain that this wasn't the case and it was too much of a coincidence for all three of them to view my story.

"what are you saying?" i tried to lean over their shoulders to see the screen, but they had completely blocked it off. "move." i pushed their heads to the side to get a better view.

"we've just said 'hey', can you chill out." max told me, pushing my head backwards. i hit him back with one of the cushions from my bed. "it's my phone, you know."

"ahh!" charlie squealed, "he's typing, oh my days, we're going to have a conversation with messi!" we all watched as the typing bubble appeared, and then disappeared, and then appeared again, and then once again disappeared, only to be replaced with a message.

hi :)

"no fucking way." charlie grabbed my shoulder, "we're talking to leo messi!" all of our eyes were drawn to the screen when the typing bubble appeared again.

my friend thinks you're pretty

"his friend must be blind." max joked, "not gonna lie, i think he's got the wrong jones."

"ask." i nudged him, "ask him who his friend is, tell him to send a picture." i snatched the phone from charlie's hands, typing in the message myself.

who's your friend??

"it's got to be suarez, right?" charlie turned to max, "that's why he viewed the story at the same time as messi."

"couldn't be." max shook his head, "he's literally married, maybe it isn't a player, and it actually is just a friend."

the typing bubble appeared again, before quickly being replaced with another message.

guess

"he's low-key a weirdo." i laughed, "how am i supposed to guess what friend it is? i don't even know who he's friends with for gods sake!"

"if it's someone guessable," charlie took the phone, "then it's got to be someone in the public eye."

max nodded, "yeah, but mads knows fuck all about messi, so how would she know who he talks to."

"try and call him." i told them, "he might be with this friend."

almost as if he could read my mind, the phone started ringing in charlie's hands. "holy fucking shit! he's calling us."

i took the phone from charlie, "be quiet, okay?"

INCOMING CALL FROM LEOMESSI
ACCEPT  -  DECLINE

the call connected, i could feel max and charlie watching from behind the phone, even though i wasn't looking up at them.

"hello." i smiled into the camera. i wasn't a fan of this guy or anything, but knowing that he was a celebrity was making me nervous. "nice to speak to you."

max shook his head at me, and charlie threw his hands up in the air, mouthing 'what the hell.'

"nice to speak to you too." the man laughed through the phone. "no offence at all, but i'm surprised that you actually look like your photos. luis was telling me that it was probably all filters."

"is luis the friend you were talking about?" i frowned, looking over to my brothers for support.

"oh you idiot." max whisper shouted at me, "he's literally the one we said it couldn't be."

the man on the phone scratched his head, "are you busy? you can call back later if you are."

"no, no. sorry, it's just my brothers." i shook my head at him.

"your brothers called charlie, right?" he asked.

this was the breaking point for charlie, "did leo messi just say my fucking name?!" he shouted out, "oh my god, i can die happy."

"taking that as a yes?" the man nodded.

"uh, yeah." i laughed, "sorry."

"he's a fan?" the man - messi, asked.

"big fan." i nodded, "he was just watching the match with my other brother and my dad, they're all appalled that noah was apparently being targeted the whole match."

"noah?" he raised an eyebrow.

"curly hair, number eleven, pretty cute." i looked over at max and charlie again, "noah."

"¡Ella piensa que es mono!" he started to talk to someone out of frame, in what i assumed was spanish.

"it's neymar you mong." max slapped the back of my head.

messi turned the phone so that i could see who he was talking to. "luis." he pointed at the other man that was now in the frame.

i did the same, putting max and charlie into view, "my brothers." luis and messi waved while max and charlie just stared at them in awe.

"sorry again, they're big fans." i apologised for them.

"are you not?" luis laughed.

"no, not really." i shook my head, "i know literally nothing about football."

messi laughed, "you should watch us play, we're pretty good."

"pretty good?" max interjected, "you're the fucking goat."

"max!" i scolded him, "sit quietly or i'll make you leave."

"thank you, bro." messi laughed.

"tell her." luis slapped the back of messi's neck.

"yeah, tell her." charlie nodded along like an idiot.

"yes, yes." messi nodded, "the reason we called you."

"our friend." luis snatched the phone, "noah, he's the one that thinks you're, er, bonita."

"who are you two talking to?" i could hear a door swing open in the background, before the two started speaking in spanish again.

"tu futura esposa." messi wiggled his brows, and whoever he was talking to snatched the phone from luis.

"hello." i waved at the phone, this man, that i recognised as neymar, didn't seem as bubbly as luis and messi, dismissing me and continuing their conversation in spanish. "moody."

i really hope that you're enjoying this book so far, please vote and comment if you can!!