chapter seventeen

"madelyn!" antonella grinned at me through the phone, "we've missed you,"

i smiled back, "i've missed you too, it feels like it's been so long."

"it has been, how many weeks has it been now? four?" i nodded, only now realising how long i hadn't seen them for, "wont be too long before we see you again though."

"eh?" i frowned, "what're you on about?"

"has he not told you? weird." she shrugged to herself, "champions league means that we're coming to england, they're playing arsenal, i think."

"really? don't suppose neymar's going to bring his girlfriend, is he?" i asked, blushing as soon as i mentioned his name.

"leo told you?" she raised her eyebrows at me. "he refuses to speak about her to me."

"no," i shook my head, "neymar called and asked what perfume i wear so that he can get it for her."

she grimaced at my words, "ew." she turned away from the phone and called out for leo, stating that he needed to be involved in this conversation.

"what?" i heard leo's voice as anto rolled her eyes at me, "i'm live."

"this is more important than your stupid live, leo. maddies on the phone." she rolled her eyes at me as he came into view.

"madelyn!" he waved into the camera, why was everyone calling me by my full name today?

"hey leo." i waved back.

"can you switch off that bloody live, lionel, you've been on it for hours." anto told him.

that man and his instagram lives, honestly, i get about a million notifications a day saying that he was live, but whenever i went on to see what he was talking about, he'd just be babbling on about nonsense, occasionally featuring neymar and luis.

"you know, maddie," he started talking, "neymar's been talking about you."

"oh has he now?" i raised an eyebrow at his words, "what's he been saying?"

i wasn't really fussed to find out what he'd been saying, but i also wasn't not fussed, who wouldn't want to know what's been said about them.

"said he can't wait to 'pay you a visit", he made air quotes with his fingers, "if you know what i mean by that."

"hm, and does his, uh, girlfriend know that he's been saying that?" i asked, trying to subtly hint to leo that i knew.

"ugh!" he shrieked, "can't bloody stand that witch."

"leo, stop being so mean about her." anto shook her head at him words, "i know you're not her biggest fan b-"

he cut her off, letting out a loud sigh, "not her biggest fan? i hate that bitch. she makes my skin crawl."

"what's she done to you to make you hate her so much?" i frowned into the phone, "she can't be that bad, can she?"

"oh trust me." he nodded his head, "she's way worse than you could ever imagine."

"tell me what she's done then." i snapped my fingers at him, "chop chop."

"she's just horrible, she doesn't love him, i mean, he doesn't love her either, but she's one hundred percent only with him because he's got money." he told me.

"oh." i grimaced, "ew."

"and then he complains to me about her, 'leo, mariela's ignoring me, leo, what should i say to her.' it makes me sick!" he quoted neymar while putting his words in finger quotes.

"mariela? that's her name?" i was making mental notes, because i was one hundred and twenty percent going to search her up on instagram.

"yeah." leo fake gagged, "mariela."