chapter five

"madelyn!" my dad's voice boomed up the stairs, "madelyn for christ's sake, if i miss this flight because of you... god, you don't even want to know."

i rolled my eyes and silently screamed down at him, "i'm coming! give me five minutes, i can't find my fucking shoe!"

"language!" i could imagine my mums face, arms crossed over her chest with her teeth gritted, "madelyn, put on another pair of shoes, the cab's here."

"char, is one of my converse in your room?" i stuck my head out of my door, "the pink ones?"

"yeah, yeah come get it." he flung it out of his room, missing my face by barely an inch.

"don't even bother to put it on, madelyn. you're going to make us miss the bloody plane." max complained, "and if we miss this plane, i'm expecting you to fly out the entire barça squad to do a private performance for me."

"i'm coming!" i rolled my eyes again, "the flight isn't for hours, keep your head on."

maddiejones added to their story!

"max, max!" i whisper shouted across charlie, gesturing to his sleeping body and open mouth, "max, put something in."

max laughed, putting a piece of his popcorn into charlie's mouth. "how many d'you think i can put in before he wakes up?"

"seven, wanna bet?" i opened my bag to find my purse, "ten pounds to whoever's closest."

"deal, i say twelve." max shook my hand and placed another popcorn in charlie's mouth.

"here, pass." i reached out for the bag and put one in my mouth before putting two in charlie's.

"oi!" mum slapped the back of my head, "stop it, the both of youse."

"we're just playing." max shrugged, "it's not like we're hurting anyone."

"playing?" she scoffed, "are you six? sit down and watch a movie."

"does this mean i've won then?" i asked, throwing a piece of popcorn up in the air and catching it in my mouth.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

we had landed in barcelona earlier this afternoon, and my mum had been researching restaurants near our hotel for basically the entire plane journey, so as soon as 7pm rolled around, we had been forced out of our hotel rooms and taken to a cute rustic restaurant a few roads down.

currently, my dad was reading out his twenty day plan for while we were in barcelona, apparently we have to be up early tomorrow because he's brought tickets to watch barcelona at camp nou.

"i personally packed you all a barca shirt, because i cant have you showing up looking like you dont belong." he told us as he finished the last of the steak on his plate. we had all finished eating ages ago, but my dad was a notoriously slow eater.

"right." my mum tapped her nails on the wooden table, "are we all ready to go?"