«30» ...kinky?

Okay everyone

Its time for the angst to start back up again

I apologise for what happens in the next few chapters in advance🫣

There is no angst in this chapter, but the next few chapters after this are going to be brimming

Happy reading... ?

Tam
Tam loved hearing Keefe's voice, despite somehow always seeming to be annoyed at every word he says. But on that lovely Wednesday afternoon, he had grown so incredibly sick of Keefe rambling on about how excited he was for their date, that the dark haired boy wanted to snap his voice box in half.

"Keefe," Tam told his boyfriend sternly during their final session of the day—study hall. "I'm over you saying shit about how excited you are for our fucking date. Honestly, I'm going personally cut your tongue out so that you can't make noise anymore."

Throughout the entire study hall so far, the blonde boy had managed to complete or even touch absolutely none of his homework or assignments. Every now and then he would whisper the exact amount of minutes they had left before the date into Tam's ear, and it was really getting on his nerves. Keefe an eyebrow at his boyfriend and smirked. "...Kinky?"

"No!" Tam exclaimed, jabbing him in the stomach. He whipped his head around at the rest of the group to ensure that no one had heard, and thankfully, no one had.

"Fine then." Keefe pouted, sitting his head down on his hands that were resting comfortably on the table. "Lets just not go then, if you hate me so much."

Tam sighed, resting his pen down on his worksheet since he no longer was able to focus on the work. "You know I don't hate you. I can't hate you. You just have a knack for pissing me off. We are still going on the date to Rimeshire, and yes; I know its exactly 168 minutes before then."

Keefe smiled up at Tam after hearing the statement, and the reaction made him feel that fluttering feeling in his stomach. After what felt like ages of staring back into his boyfriend's eyes and waiting for a possible response, Tam finally picked up his pen again and continued working. After approximately 17 more minutes of the class went by, Foxfire's bell finally rang throughout its elegant halls to signal the end of the school day.

The couple gathered their things and stated their goodbyes to each other as though they were merely friends, and left for their houses. While Tam laid on his bed in his room, waiting for time to pass by, he couldn't help but realise how fortunate he had been in the past few days. He had a boyfriend he happily loved in which he was going on dates with. His academic performance was doing well, and his friends had no problems or drama at all.

Surely something had to cause everything to come crashing down, right?

Right.

At a desperate attempt to pass more time, Tam scoured the largeness of his closet in order to find appropriate clothing for the date. They were going ice skating, so obviously it was going to be cold. And Tam was Tam, so obviously he was going to be wearing black. So really, it wasn't that hard for him to find a nice, warm outfit for himself after all.

After about 82 more minutes of these ongoing procrastination tactics, Tam finally decided it was time to start getting ready. The time on his alarm clock showed 4:53pm, leaving with about forty minutes to do so.

Tam had a shower and got changed into a warm black jerkin, cape, gloves, pants and boots. He ruffled his fingers through his hair, quickly styling it before saying his goodbye to Linh and heading to the leapmaster.

He paused just before he stepped into the light that would've taken him to Keefe's place. After everything Lord Cassius had said and done to Keefe, Tam wasn't too sure whether it was a good idea for him to be there. He let the light slip away, and he pulled out him imparter.

"Keefe Sencen."

The blonde boy's face immediately appeared in front of him. Keefe was smirking, and his hair was immaculately styled on his head. All that Tam could see of what his boyfriend was wearing was a light blue scarf. "Tammy! I thought you might hail. I'm gonna come over to yours when you're ready, so you don't have to deal with dear old Dad."

"Alright, then. I'll meet you at the front door in a few minutes." Tam nodded, and Keefe just smirked wider. He hung up and left to head downstairs and to the front door, where low and behold Keefe was standing.

"Ready to go, Babe?" His boyfriend asked him, holding out his left hand so Tam could take it in his. He kissed the dark haired boy wuickly on the lips, smiling. "I know I am. I'm sure you'll love it there."

Tam rolled his eyes and guided Keefe through the front door and up the stairs to the leapmaster. Together, they stepped into the light and an immediate chill prickled all over any minuscule parts of Tam's exposed skin. He shivered. Keefe introduced him to the cold and wintery scenery. "This isn't Rimeshire specifically, but it's a lake pretty close to there anyway."

In front of him was a large, beautiful, glaciered lake surrounded by many frosted over pine trees and other such plantation. The sky was littered with clouds that were cast with a golden hue from the ever so slow going down of the sun. Suddenly, Tam realised one very large problem—if they were going ice skate, wouldn't they need ice skates?

"Keefe-" The dark haired boy furrowed his eyebrows as his lover lead him over to a large black box sitting under a willow tree. He hadn't noticed it before. The box looked unmistakably like a shoe box, and Tam now realised where the skates were kept.

Keefe opened the box, revealing a row of various sized and coloured ice skates that looked brand new. He took out two pairs and handed one of them to Tam. "Here, put these on. Trust me, you don't want to be skating in anything but these skates."

Tam did what he had asked, leaving his boots by the wooden log he had been previously sitting on for him to take them off. Tam gripped Keefe's hand as he guided them both out onto the ice.