«12» no choice but to cooperate

Ive decided to include angst in the story🫣 which will be included in future chapters. Im sorrrrry its not goooood.

Tam
Tam returned home with his sister and Marella.

All of them turned to face each other.

Tam stared at Linh awkwardly.

Marella also stared at Linh awkwardly

Linh's gaze bounced back and forth between them.

(continuous awkward silence)

Linh caved, clasping her hands together. "Can we tell her? She won't tell anyone. Pleeeeeeee-"

"Fine." Tam rolled his eyes, sighing. "I will. I like Keefe. He's also my boyfriend."

Linh's jaw gaped open as she turned back to her twin. Tam groaned as she punched him in the stomach. "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT HE IS YOUR BOYFRIEND!"

Tam smirked, but quickly made his expression blank again. Keefe's behaviour was contagious. "Well, we only got together last night. Actually, it might have been really early this morning-"

"TAM." Linh's eyes grew wide, and she covered a hand with her mouth. Clearly, her innocent brain was shocked. "What did you do with Keefe last ni-"

"What the FUCK, LINH, NO— I mean, we didn't..." Tam rubbed his face. "Im sorry for swearing at you, it's a long story. When you locked us in the pantry we kissed. And then while everyone else was sleeping I went outside  to leave because I was overwhelmed and he followed me and led me to a bathroom and we told each other we liked each other then we kissed again and then he locked the door and-"

Linh covered her ears, shaking her head vigorously from side to side. "I changed my mind. I don't wanna know."

Marella, the person in which everyone had forgotten about at this point, thought it was the perfect time to chime in. "Congrats... I agree with Linh, though, TMI."

Tam furrowed his eyebrows at the petite blonde girl standing in front of him. Tiny little braids wove throughout her hair, one of them currently twined around her fingers. "What does that mean?"

"Never mind that, Tammy." Linh interjected, glancing at Marella. "Weeeee have something to tell you too."

Oh, I definitely can't see where this is going at all.

"You two are together, aren't you?"

"Yep! Now I need you to leave Tammy. Love you!" Linh gave Tam a shove towards the stairs.

"What, why?" Tam was offended, of course. This was his home, too. And he had every right to mope about sulking and daydreaming in different rooms because he missed Keefe.

"Because this—" Linh made finger movements between her and Marella. "Is a date. Sooooooo no brothers aloud. Pleeeeeeee—"

"Fiiiiiiiiine." Tam agreed.

Linh smiled as a response and Tam trudged upstairs to unpack. He began returning the items in his bag to their natural places in his room. Tam eventually came across Keefe's hoodie buried at the bottom of his bag, and seeing it reminded him of the previous night's events. A fluttering feeling filled the inside of him. The hoodie wasn't anything extraordinary, just navy blue and, well, not exactly brand new.

But still, Tam laid it out on his bed. Maybe he would wear it later.

A weird noise startled him, but then Tam realised that it was just his imparter. The name read as follows:

Keefe Sencen

Tam discarded the bag on the floor and sat down on his bed, answering the hail immediately.

Keefe's (gorgeous, beautiful, handsome, incompara-) face appeared in hologram form above the imparter. "Ba- Tammy! I have decided something, and you have no choice but to cooperate, you hear me?"

Tam scoffed, but ultimately he was happy to be talking to the blonde boy. "I will decide for myself whether I fucking cooperate or not, thank you very much. What is it?"

"You, Tam Dai Song, are going on a date with me. Tonight, 9pm. Meet me at my place and I'll whisk you away to Atlantis for the night." Keefe winked at him, smirking.

Tam felt flustered. Honestly, he really needed to figure out how Keefe knew about his middle name. "9pm? I'll go, but that's a bit late to start a date, Funkyhair."

"Too bad. Dear old Dad is making me study up on all my classes that I failed during midterms. And I'm not even exaggerating when I tell you that it's gonna take me all day." Keefe ran his hand through his hair, not looking very excited at all about the whole idea.

Tam nodded. "Alright. I'll see you then?"

"Mhm. Don't be late, Babe." Keefe smirked again, hanging up.

This is gonna be interesting.

~~~

Many, many hours of sulking and daydreaming later, it was 8:28pm and Tam finally thought that it was a suitable time for him to start getting ready. He showered and changed into black jeans and Keefe's hoodie. Tam pulled on a pair of laced black boots that Linh had given him and quickly went downstairs. Marella had left, and he quickly hugged Linh goodbye and made sure that she would tell Tiergan that he would be out late that night. If he was being honest with himself, Linh seemed a lot more bubbly that day. But Tam didn't think too much about that. He stepped into the light.

Keefe
Keefe was already waiting when Tam arrived, despite it being 7 minutes earlier than the time he had initially stated. The moment he saw the very first speck of Tam forming in the light, Keefe rushed over to greet his boyfriend.

Only when Tam was standing right in front of Keefe did he realise that he had no idea what to say (and Tam being Tam, he definitely wasn't going to make the first move). So Keefe did the most logical thing he could think of in that moment. He kissed him.

Keefe didn't hold it for long, but it wasn't exactly quick, either. When he pulled away, a shade of pink had fallen upon his face. Tam was the same. Looking down, Keefe noticed that Tammy was wearing his hoodie.

Keefe smiled at Tam. "You're wearing my hoodie?"

Keefe could tell that Tam became slightly nervous through the observation. "Uhh—Y-yeah...I'm sorry, I know it's-"

"Perfect." Keefe insisted, squeezing Tam's hand tightly. "Shall we go now?"

Keefe wanted to spend time with Tam, but the reason he was so desperate to leave wasn't entirely to do with that. It was more to do with something about Keefe's fear of his very snobby Father possibly finding out about the relationship between Tam and him.

Tam nodded, grinning slightly, and together the boys leaped to Atlantis.