«25» fell off a stairwell

Hello you lot

This is possibly the second last chapter before the angsty shit starts up again soooooo prepare yourselves

Happy reading:D

Keefe
Keefe awoke to Tam very rudely (in his opinion) telling him awake to wake up from his sweet dreaming. "Keefe. Keeeeeeeefe. Wake. The fuck. Up. We have a school to attend."

Despite being the one that was telling him to wake up, Tam was still curled up in a ball; comfortably wrapped up by Keefe's body. The blonde boy tightened his hold in his lover and nuzzled into the back of his neck.

"Too early. Go back to sleep, Tammy." Keefe, in fact, did know that he had to get up—and he was going too. But bickering a little with Tam meant that he could keep listening to his boyfriend's gorgeous voice that was deep and husky from the morning.

Tam sleepily shifted over to face him. His hair was sticking up at all sides, and his eyes were only half open. He poked Keefe on the cheek. "No, not too early. Time to get up. So let's get up."

Tam attempted to sit up but Keefe pulled him back down to lay next to him on the bed. The dark haired boy scowled at him, but Keefe just smiled and planted a kiss on his nose. He smirked when Tam blushed. "What's the time?"

"Time to get ready." Tam propped himself up in the bed, but before Keefe could pull him back down again, Tam kissed him. The movement startled him, and he leaned into it as Tam's hand cupped his cheeks. After he had pulled away, the kiss had left Keefe in enough of a daze that Tam freely leaped out of the bed.

"Foul play." Keefe muttered, but subjected to the fact that he had to get ready to go to Foxfire. He sat up and sprung to his feet, sauntering over to his bag for the uniform he had packed the day prior.

Keefe got dressed in his uniform and turned to see what Tam was doing, when he noticed that he wasn't doing anything at all. Tam was watching him, still at the foot of his bed. Keefe raised his eyebrows, smirking. "Enjoyed the show? Get dressed, Babe. Or would you like me to help you with that?"

Tam rolled his eyes and turned to go retrieve a clean uniform from his closet, but Keefe could tell that he was concealing a smile. "I think I'll be fine, unless you really wanted to."

Tam didn't wait for an answer as he looked away, obviously not expecting one. But—unfortunately for him—Keefe was feeling playful that morning. The blonde boy smugly walked up to his boyfriend, and when Tam noticed him he stumbled back a little.

Keefe grabbed the hem of Tam's t-shirt and pulled it over his head, removing it. The crimson splotches of red lining his neck, chest, and lower abdomen quickly brought them both back to the reality of the situation.

"Ohhhhh shit." Keefe whispered, dropping the white shirt to the floor in hopelessness as he cursed his own handiwork. "How the fuck are we going to cover those up?"

"Makeup, Keefe. And you need it too. So let's finish getting ready so we can go see Linh." Tam finished getting dressed into his foxfire uniform and Keefe hurriedly ran a brush through his messy hair. Tam had really done something to him if he wasn't keeping up with his hair routine as much anymore. Together, they left the room and headed over to Linh's bedroom.

Tam knocked on the door, looking quite nervous at what Keefe assumed would be his twin's reaction. "Linh? Can we come in?"

Tam's sister appeared, opening the door with a wholesome smile, dressed pristinely in her uniform. This innocent look slowly turned into something a lot more distraught as she realised the red spots decorating both their necks. "Taaaaaaaaaaam. Im kind of afraid to ask. But how far do those go down-"

"Far." Tam blankly responded, cutting her off. He ran a hand anxiously through his silver bangs. "And we would like your help covering them up, please."

Linh nodded slowly, her eyes still fixed on the various marks and her mouth slightly agape. She stepped back and out of the doorway so that they could enter the room, and they did.

Keefe followed Tam into the bedroom that was very similar to his boyfriend's, except if you swapped most of the black out with different shades of blues and purples. Every now and then there was also a splash of pink, and Keefe snickered to himself when he spotted some familiar hot pink cushions on the girl's bed.

Linh disappeared into her bathroom and came back with a small, lavender bag that Keefe presumed was filled with make-up. She gestured for them both to take a seat on her bed. "I'm going to pretend I have no idea what you two were probably doing all night, so Im going to just say that you guys fell off a stairwell. And just so you two know, it would be smart to go talk to Elwin at the Healing Centre about getting some of that balm that magically deletes bruises. And keep some extra just in case you guys fall of another stairwell."

Tam nodded at his sister and Linh whipped out a small tube-bottle thing from the purple bag that Keefe had no idea what was. She began to apply the liquid stuff to the abnormal color splotches on her brother's skin, and Keefe had to pretend not to be amazed when he realised how well it was working.

"How was your date with Marella?" Keefe asked, attempting to strike up conversation. He picked up Tam's hand absentmindedly and intertwined it with his own. "How long did you guys stay out?

Linh smiled sweetly at the mention of her endeavours from the night before. After finishing up the make-up on Tam's neck, she began applying it to Keefe's. He shivered as the cold concealer made contact with his skin.

"It was great! We only stayed out until curfew, but she bought me flowers and dinner and then we went for a walk in a park and it was so so pretty." Linh sighed wistfully, and returned her makeup to the small purple bag after finishing up on Keefe's neck. "Alright, you guys should be good as long as you don't accidentally rub it off or anything."

"Thanks, Linh." Tam got up and nodded to Keefe, gesturing that it was time for them to head off to Foxfire. "We'll see you at school, okay?"

The couple exited Linh's bedroom and made their way to the leapmaster. Hand in hand, Tam and Keefe were whisked off to the magical school they attended by a bright and blinding light.