«02» no one hangs up on hunkyhair

I will try and update as frequently as i can, so there will probably be new updates every second day:) and if you like the book, please consider voting.

Keefe
Keefe wasn't gonna let Tam shut him down like that. He wanted answers. As he drifted asleep the night before, he wondered to himself why the hell he cared so much anyway.

Surely it was a normal thing to care about his sworn enemy this much, right?

Right?

The blonde haired boy arrived at Foxfire much earlier than he normally would have. As he looked for Tam were his locker resided, Keefe instead spotted Tam's counterpart at her locker. He walked over, casually leaning on the locker next to hers, as if he wasn't there for a specific reason. Nooooooo reason at all.

"Hey, Linh."

"Oh, uh- Hi Keefe." Linh glanced at him quickly, then continued shoving books into the locker. Like brother like sister, i guess. Brushing me off. Really, this is getting quite annoying.

"Soooooooo, uhh," Keefe attempted to hold up the casual demeanour. After thinking for a moment—causing a dramatic amount of awkward silence, in Keefe's opinion—he decided to skip over the small talk. "Wheres Tam? You two are usually always together."

Linh dropped a book. As she leant down to pick it up, Keefe did as well, brushing his fingers against her wrist hopeful to get an emotion.

What was that? Nerves?

"Uh. I don't know. He disappeared after we leaped here earlier. Um, I'm going to go see Marella. See you later, Keefe!" She answered dryly, before slamming her locker shut and ushering off without another word. Keefe still stood there as he watched her walk away.

"Sencen!"

The blonde haired boy whipped around to find Sir Astin standing before him. The man was looking down at him through his oddly shaped spectacles, holding several dozen stacked books. "Uh, yes, Sir??"

Surely he hadn't done something wrong—I mean, it was only the beginning of the day.

Sir Astin thrusted the stack into Keefe's arms, talking rather fast. "I need you to return these to the library for me. I'm quite busy right now so if you could do it without destroying anything that would be fabulous. I didn't think i would see the day that i could trust you to get a task done, so don't let me down, Keefe. Off you go then"

Keefe needed a few seconds to process the information he had been given. After nodding in a still slightly confused way, Sir Astin gave Keefe a small shove in the library's direction. For once in his life he obediently did as he was told, reluctant to ruin any chances he had speaking to Tam at lunch with a detention. He also really didn't want to frustrate the grumpy mentor who probably hadn't had any lushberry juice this morning.

Keefe kicked the library door open and walked through, eager to get back to his search for the emo twin. He dropped the books on the counter, the librarian absent from her usual place on the wheely chair behind the desk. As Keefe spun back around he caught a flash of silver, glinting in the sunlight that shone through one of the windows. He turned to see that Bangs Boi was quietly sitting towards the back of the library, practically scowling at him.

Try and hang up on me now, Shadymcsilverbangs.

Keefe gave a smirk in return and strutted over.

"Fancy seeing you here on this fine day, Bangs Boi."

Tam
"Yeah, fancy that. Look, I really need to focus. So I'd appreciate it if you left me alone." Tam grumbled at Keefe, glowering. He didn't bother asking why he was even talking to Tam. Tam knew why.

Why is he everywhere i go?! Its like the universe hates me and wants to ruin my life.

Stupid universe.

Keefe pulled out a chair and slumped down in it, signifying that he definitely wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. "You hung up on me. No one hangs up on Lord Hunkyhair. I wasn't done talking to you." Keefe held his head high, relaxing back into the chair and crossing his arms around his chest.

Tam roller his eyes. "As if you even like talking to me, Keefe."

Funkyhair tilted his head to one side. "Hey, you never know. Its not like your even talking to me. What's with that?"

"We've talked about this already. Keefe, i know all you want to do is annoy me and brag about your perfect hair." Tam sighed, running his fingers through his own hair and pushing his focus back to the alchemy homework set before him, avoiding eye contact.

"Aha! So you admit that my hair is superior than to that of the likes of yours." Keefe waited for Tam to protest at this statement, but he didn't bother. His hair is pretty perfect. Keefe continued. "And, hey, i could secretly wanna be your best friend. Like i said, you never know."

Tam screwed up his face, proudly putting on display the sheer disbelief and horror that his expression presented. "Keefe, i don't think i could even bare being your friend, let alone your best friend." And its not because id be sick of you. Quite the opposite, actually.

Tam didn't dare say the last part.

"Oh, yeah? I-" He put a hand to his chest defensively. "-would be a great friend to you."

Tam's heart squeezed inside his chest. He could feel his face heating up.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. stop it stop it stop it please please please no just no no no no-

Tam raised an eyebrow, fixating his eyes on his work. He attempted to focus on his breathing rather than the enticing and handsome blond boy proclaiming a beautiful friendship to him. "Really? Riiiiiiiight."

Keefe scoffed. "Are you doubting my abilities to be a good friend towards you, Tam Dai Song?!"

How the fuck does he know my middle name?

"Indeed I am, Keefe Sencen."

Funkyhair scoffed once again. "Ugh! I will prove to you that i can be good friend."

Tam raised an eyebrow.

"Here, let me see your homework." Keefe turned his gaze to the various sheets of paper laying against the desk and nudged Tam's hand aside in order to see the work, scooting his chair closer to him while doing so.

Tam's heart immediately began beating faster, and not only because of the physical touch.

Did he read my emotions?? Oh nooooo. What if-

"Uhhhhhhhhh. I think it would be better if i didn't help you, actually. Failed my alchemy midterms." Keefe's icy blue eyes bored into Tam's as he looked back up at him, only just realising how close they were—only about four or five inches apart.

The repetitive ring of the bell sounded throughout Foxfire, saving Tam from having to show the scarlet colour that was showing immensely on his face. He discarded the unfinished alchemy sheets into his bag and hurried out of the library.

"See ya, Tammy!" Keefe called out after him.

Ohhhhhh shit. This isn't gonna end well.