Chapter 28

CHAPTER 28

A few days later,

The bedroom was quiet, except for the rhythmic breathing of my chest. Shifting on the bed, my gaze drifted to the morning light filtering on the sheets. My fingers raked through my tousled thick hair as my eyelids fluttered, still reeling from the hankering fantasy I had last night. My mind still tangled in the fragments of a vivid sex dream.

My cheeks were flushed with heat as my lips parted with a contented sigh. I laid drowsy with a hint of amusement as my hands rubbed my awakened eyes.

"Gosh, that was something," I murmured with a playful grin tugging at my lips. My fingertips brushed the crumpled sheets, relishing the salacious sensation of the spicy dream's allure I didn't want to forget that easily. Thoughts danced back to the teasing moments that felt so vividly real just moments ago. Large hands touched my body with a powerful grip that wrapped around my waist. Long fingers brushed the underside of my breasts, trailing to my belly button, and travelled down below.

My breath hitched, recalling the erotic sensation magnifying the ache between my thighs.

But the man in my dreams was shrouded in mystery. I couldn't see his face, no matter how hard I tried. Only a glimmer — a glint in his eye. It shimmered in shadows like the moon. But oddly, his scent was distinct, that still lingered in my nose. It was masculine, like wood smoldered with fire.

That was the third sex dream I had! For the past few days, I felt friskier... more dangerous in my thoughts. It was completely out of my character.

A mischievous spark lingered in my eyes as I lifted myself up, dragging off the covers. I threw it aside and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. My bare feet touched the carpet, bringing me back to reality. Rising up, the hem of my oversized T-shirt skimmed the curve of my thighs, and I realized how damp my panties were.

A faint blush warmed my cheeks, a physical echo of the dream's lingering influence.

"Well, that is one way to start the day," I chuckled softly, with a playful toss of my hair as I walked to the bathroom.

*

So much for a cool shower.

My forehead and upper chest dripped in sweat as I jogged along the riverside trail. The gentle sound of the water lapping against the riverbank was beautiful and soothing. I jogged for two hours with Zack ahead of me. I never could keep quite up. He was a seasoned runner with his easy and confident pace, and much faster than me. Sometimes, I thought I won the race, but he was just a tease, never letting me get ahead of him.

Breathing steadily in, I followed Zack's lead, mirroring his steps as we set a brisk pace along the winding trail we ran for the past week. My ponytail swayed with each stride. The longer we ran, the further we travelled — only east.

Zack glanced back at me with a charming smile, his athletic frame glistening from sweat beneath the morning's rays.

Jogging backwards, Zack faced me. "Glad you're keeping up, Miss Fragile! You're doing great," he grinned. "You're getting better at this."

I breathed out a chuckle. "I learn quick, and I can go faster."

Zack raised his brow and gave a nod. "Is that so?" he said, with a dare in his tone. "Then come and get me."

Suddenly, Zack spun around and sprinted into the woods, with an incredible speed that surpassed human. My eyes widened. We hadn't sprinted this fast before and wasn't sure if I could do the same. With a deep breath, I picked up my pace, my legs dashing with full force.