Liam bladder infection (UTI)

Liam's pov

We have just finished our up all night tour. It is about 3:30am and I am awake. I can't sleep. I just feel really unwell. I have pain in my lower tummy. I cuddle further into Harry (my boyfriend as of half way through the tour) feeling really cold. Harry raps his arms around me pulling me further to him. That is when I feel the sudden urge that I need to visit the bathroom. I know there is no way I am going to be able to get up without waking Harry up and I really need to go. I gently shake Harry and say "Haz, wake up for a sec." Harry opens his eyes and asks "You alright Li, you don't normally wake me up?" I respond "I really need the toilet but I can't get up as you are holding me." Harry lets me up and I sit up and I stand. As soon as I am out of bed I start shivering. I walk to the bathroom.

I lower the front of my joggers and boxers and I start peeing. I get a sharp burning sensation. I notice that my pee looks a little cloudy. Once I am finished I pull up my boxers and joggers then flush the toilet and wash my hands. I then leave the bathroom and see Harry still awake. He asks me "You alright babe? You started shivering when you got out of bed." I nod and get back into bed and cuddle into Harry. He says "You feel rather warm baby. What's wrong?" I shrug and say "I don't know. I have pain in my lower tummy, I feel really cold but hot at the same time, just now it hurt when I went to the toilet and my pee looked cloudy." Harry gently hugs me and says "Sounds like a UTI, in the morning we will call the doctor to have it confirmed." I nod and Harry says "Can I go and get the thermometer so I can keep an eye on your temperature?" I sigh and reluctantly get off Harry and Harry stands up.

Harry's pov

I walk into the bathroom and I grab the thermometer. I go back into mine and Liam's room and I say "Let's check your temperature babe." Liam nods sadly and I get into bed and put the thermometer in Liam's ear and press the button. Once the thermometer beeps I take it out of Liam's ear and he instantly cuddles into me. I say "38.4, not too bad at the moment. We will definitely keep an eye on you." Liam nods sleepily and I say "Let's get some sleep and I will call the doctors in the morning." Liam nods again and I lay us down and Liam is instantly asleep. I soon follow Liam to sleep.

A few hours later still Harry's pov

It is now 9:30am. I have a doctor's appointment for Liam at 12:30pm. Liam is still asleep cuddling into me. He is feeling rather warm. I put the thermometer in Liam's ear gently and I press the button. Once the thermometer beeps I look at it and see 39.0. I carefully get out from underneath Liam and I go into our bathroom. I fill up a bowl with cold water and then I grab a flannel and soak it in cold water before I wring out the excess water. I go back into our room and I put the bowl on my bedside table and I get back into bed and put the cloth on Liam's head.

About half an hour later I decide to try to wake Liam as we need to leave in about an hour and a half to get to his doctor's appointment. I gently shake him and say "Li baby, wake up." Liam's eyes slowly open and he looks at me. I say "Come on babe, you have a doctors appointment at 12:30." Liam asks sleepily "What time is it now?" I respond "It is now 10am. We will need to leave in about an hour and a half" Liam nods and sits up. He slowly gets out of bed and he slowly walks to the bathroom. A few minutes later Liam comes back out looking like he might cry. I say "Come here babe." Liam comes over to the bed and cuddles into me. I kiss him on the head and say "What's wrong babe?" Liam responds "It hurts when I go to the toilet." I kiss his head again and I say "Oh baby. We will get you to the doctors soon." Liam nods.

A few hours later still Harry's pov

It is about 12:35 we are sat in the waiting room to be called. Liam has his face buried in my neck. A couple of minutes later Liam's name gets called and I say to him "Li babe the doctor is calling your name." I feel Liam nod against my shoulder. I help Liam up and lead him to the doctor. Once we get there the doctor leads us to a room and says "Have a seat boys. What seems to be the problem." Liam gives me a puppy look and I sigh and say "Liam here, is having pain when he goes to the toilet." The doctor nods and asks "Does he have any other symptoms?" I respond "Last time I checked he had a temperature of 38.5. He also said that when he peed it was cloudy." The doctor nods and asks "Could I check your temperature please Liam." Liam nods sleepily and the doctor puts the thermometer in Liam's ear and presses the button "His temperature has risen to 38.8" I nod and the doctor continues "Could you go and pee in this cup please Liam." Liam nods sleepily and takes the cup and walks slowly to the bathroom attached to the doctors room.

A few minutes later Liam walks back into the room and hands the doctor his urine sample and he sits down next to me and cuddles into my side I smile down at him then look at the doctor. The doctor says "I'll go and test this and then come back with the results soon." I nod and the doctor leaves the room. I look back down at Liam and see that he has fallen asleep. I kiss his forehead and wait for the doctor to come back with the results. About half an hour later Liam is still asleep. The doctor walks into the room with a prescription slip. The doctor says "He has a UTI. He will need to stay on antibiotics for 10 days. Here is his prescription and if he isn't better in ten days then bring him back." I nod and say "Thanks doctor." And I stand up picking Liam up with me and the doctor opens the door and holds it for me.

I carry Liam out to my car and I go to the pharmacy that is attached to the doctors and I pick up Liam's prescription. I then go back out to my car and drive home.

10 days later no one's pov

Liam felt much better after 10 days and he thanked Harry for looking after him whilst he was poorly.