Niam family- Liam sick (request)

Requested by-

Prompt- one of these in which Liam gets really, really sick and Niall calls Liam's mum. Luna doesn't understand why her papa is always sick and asks Karen about that.

Ages
Niall- 30
Liam- 29
Luna- 5
Oscar- 2
—————————————————————————

Liam's pov

It has been a couple of months since I have last been ill. Oscar has just had his second birthday on the 1st October. It is now the 21st October. It is about 3am and I can't sleep. I just feel really achey and nauseous. I turn onto my stomach and try to fall asleep. I suddenly get the overwhelming urge to vomit. I carefully try to get out of bed but as I sit up I start to vomit all over myself, Niall and the bed. I start sobbing as Niall wakes up. He says "Oh baby." Niall gently rubs my back.

Niall's pov

I gently rub Liam's back as he throws up twice more. He collapses back against me. I feel the heat radiating off of him. I say "Li I need to go and get the thermometer to check your temperature." Liam whimpers and shakes his head and says "No Nini stay." I say "I know baby. I just need to check your temperature." I try to stand up but Liam grips onto me tightly. I say "I'll be back in a couple of minutes. I promise." I carefully manage to get out of Liam's grip but he starts sobbing again and I quickly rush into our bathroom. I grab the thermometer and I rush back to Liam and I carefully sit on the bed and pull Liam back to my chest.

He slowly starts to calm down. Once he is calm I say "Li can I check your temperature please?" Liam shakes his head closing his eyes. I say "We need to get you and me cleaned up and the bed cleaned." I gently put the thermometer in Liam's ear and press the button. Once the thermometer beeps I take the thermometer out of Liam's ear and say to him "39.8 Liam that is way to high. We need to get you in the bath." Liam shakes his head. I say "It is ether a bath or the hospital Liam. We can't risk your temperature going really high Liam especially because now you do actually only have one kidney" Liam groans but sits up. I lead him to the bathroom.

I say "Li you get undressed and I will run you a cool bath." Liam nods and starts to get undressed as I run the bath. Once the bath is ready I say to Liam "Get in the bath then baby." Liam nods and I help him to get in the bath. I say "I'm going to clean the bed and get changed into clean clothes and get you some clothes." Liam whimpers and says "Nini don't leave me." I say "I know Li but I need to. How about I keep the bathroom door open? You will be able to see that I'm still here." Liam nods sadly and says "Don't leave the bedroom." I nod and say "I won't I promise." I go into our bedroom and I quickly take off my dirty clothes and put them in the washing basket. I find me some clean clothes and put them on.

I go over to the bed and strip off all the vomit covered bedding and I put them in the washing basket. I get some more bedding from our cupboard and I put it on the bed. I grab out Liam some loose fitting clothes and the thermometer and go back into the bathroom. I say "Li baby can I check your temperature?" Liam nods looking half asleep. I carefully put the thermometer in Liam's ear and press the button. Once the thermometer beeps I take it out of Liam's ear and say "38.9. Much better than before. Let's get you out and into bed" Liam nods and I help him out of the bath and wrap him up in a towel. I unplug the drain and turn to Liam who is still standing there with the towel wrapped round him and say "Come on Li. Would you like some help?" Liam nods sleepily and I help him to get dried and dressed. I lead him to the bed we lay down together. I say "Get some sleep baby" Liam nods and pulls my hand to his stomach. I ask "Would you like a tummy rub?" Liam nods and I gently rub his stomach and soon he is fast asleep. I wait a couple of minutes to see if he is actually asleep and I carefully get out of bed.

I grab the washing basket and quietly leave the room. I carry the washing basket downstairs and put the washing on. I go back upstairs and I go and check on Luna. I smile seeing her asleep cuddling her stuffed puppy. I quietly leave the room and shut the door. I go into Oscar's room and see he is asleep on his stomach. I smile and leave the room and shut the door.