Chapter 30

Kayleighs POV

I woke up the next day, to the smell of bacon and eggs coming from down stairs. I got up and dragged myself to the bathroom, splashing my face with water. I looked up in the mirror and saw a guilty face. I kept playing in my mind what Rachel said to me. “It’s me or Justin.” How could she actually say that to me? I walked down stairs. My father was at the table reading a newspaper.  He looked up at me for a quick second, then returning to his newspaper. I could still tell in his face that he was disappointed in me. I walked past him kissing his cheek. He didn’t respond with his usual “Good morning Princess.” Instead he sat there, motionless looking through the sports section. It made my heart ache to not hear him greet me. I walked to the fridge and grabbed water, totally by passing the food. That wasn’t like me to give up food; I went back to my room, crawled under my covers and laid there. Should I listen to Rachel? I love Justin. But was it all to soon? Well just see what happens tonight.

--

I laid in bed all day. I didn’t move. Justin texted me a few times but, I didn’t respond. I was still confused on what Rachel said. Her or him, how could I choose. Justin and I just started to talk and Rachel has been my best friend for years. But the more I think about it the more I realize, I am who I am, I need to find love sometime. Maybe she doesn’t want me to be with Justin because she is jealous? If she was really my best friend, wouldn’t she support me? It was getting late and I neglected to tell my mother Justin was coming. I got up and ran down stairs, my mother was on the couch watching tv.

“Hey mom, Justin is coming for dinner tonight.”

“Oh sweetie, why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“I forgot.”

“Well, what is something I can make?”

“Spaghetti.”

“Alright, sounds good. It’s only 4:30 I’ll start at 6.”

I nodded my head and walked back up stairs. I laid back down. Man I was lazy today. I set an alarm for 5:30 so I could get up to get ready. I put my head back and felt my eyes shut.

Justins POV

I spent the whole day with Jazzy and my mom. It felt nice to spend time with them. I texted Kayleigh at least 4 times but she didn’t respond. I have to admit I was getting a little worried. I ran it past my mom that I was going to Kayleigh’s for dinner. I was kind of worried to be meeting Kayleigh’s parents. Kayleigh and I were moving really fast.  It was a good kind of fast.  It was only 5 o’clock I had no clue what time she wanted me over considering she never answered my texts.

To: Kayleigh

Hey, babe. What time should I head over?

I hit send and waited for a reply. I got up and went to the bathroom to shower. I placed my phone on the ledge and got undressed, just as I went to step it my phone buzzed.