Round 35

Tyreek's POV

Sweat dripped down my body, my muscles ached from overuse, and my breathing was more than irregular, but I refused to stop moving around the ring as my opponent chased me. Each blow that landed made me grunt, but I refused to stumble or fall. With every blow I didn't manage to block or dodge, I'd take note of what I did wrong and fix it for the next time. I ignored the shaking ache in my legs as they begged for me to give up, and instead I pushed forward and sent blows of my own to my opponent, landing punches to his head and body before backing away.

The sound of a whistle blowing made us both come to a stop and turn to look out of the ring where Quan stood. "You still not movin' outta range fast enough, Ty. Dubois has a longer wingspan than you. You need to be able to get in, get your hits off, then get back out before he can turn the tables."

We've been training everyday for hours upon hours ever since Quan let me know my next fight would be the champion.

This isn't those fake ass fights from Club Onyx. This isn't some fake ass title that holds no weight... This is worldwide recognition as one of the best boxers in the world.

There are men who've been fighting professionally for much longer than me who haven't been given a shot at the title, and yet here I am, a rookie fresh onto the scene, getting a direct fight with the champ because he wants to fight me.

I've always known I was talented. I worked hard to be the fighter I am.

I'm just glad that the world finally gets to see everything I've worked so hard to become.

"Ten minute break, then get y'all asses back in the ring." Quan called out, making myself and my sparring partner sigh as we stepped out of the ring.

As Quan pulled my gloves off and unwrapped my hands, he suddenly looked up over my shoulder and playfully rolled his eyes, which immediately made me smile because I knew exactly what that meant.

Just as I expected, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and squeezed me tight. "You workin' my nigga too hard, Dayquan." Dre complained before placing a kiss on my shoulder, completely ignoring how I was drenched in sweat. "He get home and be too tired to— Chill with me."

When he changed his wording, that made me look over my shoulder, then I chuckled when I saw Antwon and Zavier standing not too far away. Zavier smiled and waved enthusiastically when he saw me looking, which made Antwon roll his eyes and wave too.

Those two are attached by the hip, I swear...

"Yo nigga needs to be working too hard if he wants to beat that French nigga." Quan countered, which only made Dre roll his eyes.

"My nigga can beat that French nigga wit' his pretty ass eyes closed." He argued, making me laugh at how quick he was to defend me. "Anyway, look at him. All red in the face and shit. Give my nigga a break."

"He's literally gettin' a break right n— Nigga get outta my damn face." Quan muttered, making me laugh again. "Get on my damn nerves. Y'all got ten minutes."

We watched Quan walk away to go help one of the other gym members, and Dre smacked his lips once Quan was out of range. "Ten minutes. Gon' fuck around and make you pass out in here."

I chuckled and finally turned around to face Dre, meeting him with a wide smile on my face that he soon reciprocated with a smaller smile. "You came to see me, baby?" I whispered as I set my hands on his waist.

"Yeah, I missed you or whatever. Plus the kids wanted to get out of the house." Dre placed his arms around my shoulders and pulled me closer until we were chest to chest.