Round 28

Tyreek's POV

Life has been one hell of a ride.

That's all I could think as I stood on my balcony, absolutely freezing as snow fell around me.

I know what you're thinking, why is my southern ass standing out in the snow when I could be inside cuddled up with my future husband?

Well... There aren't a lot of sights more beautiful than Dre's face... But this one is definitely up there.

Christmas Eve Charity Boxing event. Monty Ray Jr Vs. Pretty Boy.

That's what the billboard right across from my house read. That's me, man. That's my face, my name shining for all of New York to see.

A few years ago I was struggling in the streets. Still trying to make enough money to survive all while trying to keep doing what I loved... And now I got billboards with my name on it. I got niggas begging to interview me— Albeit most of them are not trying to interview me for the right reasons, but the point still stands. Niggas know my name. A few years ago, all of this seemed impossible.

"Nigga what is yo sunshine state ass doin' out here?" I heard that voice I've come to love so much ask as the balcony door slid open and then closed. Florida is the sunshine state, not Georgia. But imma let him slide.

I smiled when his arms wrapped around me and he rested his chin on my shoulder. "Look at that." I said, pointing to the billboard.

"Damn..." He muttered quietly. "Thassa fine ass nigga." His words made me laugh and shake my head, and he laughed right along with me before speaking again. "But nah, that's really somethin', baby. How you feel?"

How do I feel?

"I feel like... lil Tyreek Reign would be real proud of me right now." I answered honestly. "This is all he ever wanted. A family, a boyfriend, and to box... And I got all of that now. I mean... took me ten years, but I got it. I ain't fighting niggas twice my size for scraps no more. I'm in a real ring. That's my name lighting up on billboards. My face be on tv... Shits surreal."

Dre nodded his head and kissed my neck before speaking. "Merry Christmas Eve, pretty boy." He whispered against my neck.

"Merry Christmas Eve, baby." I chuckled.

We spent the rest of the early morning freezing our asses off on the balcony, just talking and enjoying each other's presence. Once the sun started to rise, we made our way back inside to start getting ready. Weigh in was yesterday so we didn't have to arrive at the venue too early, but I did still need to be there early enough to answer dumbass questions and act aggressive in front of the cameras.

I smiled as we walked past the decorations in the house. Antwon had suggested it, so I put him in charge of decorating since I hadn't done it since I was a kid. He, Zavier, and Marcus put their hearts and souls into making my house look like Christmas. Marcus got me a big ass tree that he and kids bought a bunch of random ass ornaments for. My only job was spending bands on bands for the gifts wrapped under it. I went all out for everybody.

"When we get married—" Dre started once we were in the shower, letting me know he was probably about to say something dumb. "You gon' make me start workin' a real job or can I just be a house husband?"

I laughed and shook my head. "Baby, why you even askin' that? You already my house husband. All you do is sit in my house cookin', cleanin', and taking care of the kids. You already there, all you gotta do is stop sellin'." He fell silent after that, making me continue. "Dre, you need to be off the streets. Not only because it's dangerous as shit, but also because you don't need to no more. I got us. Plus— You got niggas wit' cameras followin' yo every move now. How's it gon' look of my boyfriend get caught on camera selling drugs?"