Round 15

DeAndre's POV

We had shit to do today. Today was finally the day. The day Tyreek signed his contract to enter the WBO and become an official, professional boxer. He got himself a lawyer and had Quan as his manager, and in his own words, he was ready to move onto the next stage of his life.

A stage that he wanted me and my son to be a part of.

Antwon and I should be on our way to his place right now to go with him to sign this contract, but instead I'm stuck talking to the one person I hate talking to more than my own raggedy ass mother.

My son's raggedy ass mother.

"Woman, what the hell do you need child support for if the child is always with me? The child is supported. Look at him- son, ain't you supported?" Antwon raised his eyebrows at me, then looked at his mother and hesitantly nodded. "See? Supported. So what the hell am I givin' you money for if I have Antwon?"

I could already feel a headache threatening me, and it only got worse when Destiny rolled her eyes and spoke again. "I need the money to buy some groceries so I can have food for when our child comes back to spend some time with me."

"Oh you finally wanna spend some time with your child? Aight, Twon gon' and pack a bag baby. You goin' with mama for a week." I turned to talk to Antwon, and he nodded and went to stand up but stopped when Destiny held her hands up.

"I didn't mean now, Andre. Shit. Just give me the money so I can prepare for him to come over."

It's always the same shit. She says she needs money for Antwon, then when the time comes to actually take Antwon, she's suddenly busy. "Destiny, I ain't givin' you no damn money." She opened her mouth to argue, but I cut her off. "You know I'll take yo ass to court, mane. I don't want to put our son through that, but I will if you keep on pullin' this shit. Now go back to wherever the hell you crawled out of because I got shit to do today."

Destiny stood there for a while, staring at me like she was thinking. After a while she smirked and turned to Antwon. "Baby, go to your room so I can talk to daddy."

Daddy? Hell nah, she only calls me that when she's plotting. "Nope. No. Hell the fuck no. Get on outta here, nigga. I got shit to do." I am not getting caught slipping again. Especially now that Ty and I are official forreal forreal.

Destiny watched me through squinted eyes now, and I already knew she was trying to connect some invisible dots. "You got a new girlfriend?"

"No." I answered truthfully. I got a new boyfriend though, but she don't gotta know about that.

"So why you ain't tryna rendezvous with me?" She asked while crossing her arms.

Destiny is a beautiful woman. She's been beautiful since I met her. However, she's also narcissistic, egocentric, and really just a gold digger. She didn't want shit to do with me or Antwon. She just wanted money, and she wanted me to still be as obsessed with her as I was when I was a kid.

So no, even if I wasn't with Tyreek, I still wouldn't want to fuck her again.

"You know I know what rendezvous means in this context, right?" My smart ass son interrupted, causing Destiny to scowl in his direction. He always knew how to save me from awkward situations... My nigga. "Mama, am I going with you or not? Not today, because we gotta do something, but..."

"Nah, not this week, Bubbs. Mommy's busy." Her lying ass said with a tight smile. When Antwon's face fell into a frown, Destiny sighed and held her arms out. "Come on, Bubba. You know I'd love to have you over, but-"

"But you never do." Antwon muttered. He stood up and glared at his mother, then turned and walked away from us both. I hate when she does this. All she ever does is break his heart.