Round 5

DeAndre's POV

"Yo, you gotta go man." An unfamiliar voice said to me, rousing me from my sleep. "Come on, I'm serious. Get up. My baby daddy's dropping my daughter off soon, you gotta get gone."

I slowly blinked my eyes open, and when I did I was met with the sight of an unfamiliar room. "Yo?" I whispered, my voice coming out hoarse as I slowly sat up.

I saw a dark skinned woman rushing around the room, and when she saw that I was finally up she gestured to some clothes on the bed. "I washed your shit for you. But you really gotta go. I got shit to do today."

"... Who the fuck are you?" I asked with a confused frown. Apparently that was funny, because she let out a laugh and shook her head.

"That ain't important suga. You don't gotta know shit about me. We fucked, it was drunk sex, now it's time for you to go."

... Wait... Oh shit...

"I fucked you?!" I asked as if the answer wasn't obvious. I was in a stranger's bed with no clothes on. That usually only meant one thing.

"Yeah nigga. Now get up and put your shit on." She, whoever she is, left the room before I could ask any more questions. Once she was gone, my mind started going a mile a minute.

The first thing I did was find my phone so I could check on my son. But as I opened the phone, I was bombarded with missed texts and calls.

My Life 🔐❤️
Are you coming
home soon?
Sent 2:30 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
I need help with
my homework
Sent 2:52 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
Hey are you okay?
Sent 4:32 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
I tried calling you
and you didn't answer.
I don't know where you
are but please call me back
Sent 5:58 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
Dad please let me know
you're okay I'm freaking
out
Sent 6:26 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
Please be okay
Sent 6:28 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
I'm choosing to
believe you're just
busy because I know
you'd never ignore me
on purpose
Sent 7:42 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
I'm gonna order some food
and go to sleep. Please wake
me up when you get home
Sent 9:55 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
Goodnight dad I love you
Please be okay
Sent 10:35 PM

My Life 🔐❤️
Good morning. I have to go
to school and I'm trying not
to worry. Please call me back
I love you
Sent 7:30 AM

Shit... What the fuck was I doing yesterday? What if something had happened to him? What the fuck is wrong with me?

Before I could let my thoughts spiral too much, I quickly called Antwon while I started pulling my clothes on. The phone rang once before he picked up.

"Hello?! Are you okay?! Are you in the hospital?!" His panicked voice immediately came through the phone. I could hear noise in the background, probably other kids in the halls.

"I'm alright, Twon. I'm so sorry I disappeared on you, baby boy. Ion even know what the fuck happened." He went quiet after I responded, and if I couldn't hear the kids talking in the background I would've thought he hung up on me. "Antwon? You alright?"

Once I started to hear the sniffling I knew I really fucked up.

"Excuse my language but what the fuck dad?!" He finally spoke, his voice cracking with emotion. Antwon never cussed- Not because I told him not too. I didn't mind if he did, it was just his own personal preference. To hear him cuss, I knew that he had to be pissed. "I called you like a thousand times! I texted you! I was so worried- I thought you were hurt or in jail or something- Where were you?"