42. Scribble 2-Click

"How did you get in here?" Miles snarled at Larry and Will

"How did you get in here?" Miles snarled at Larry and Will. He hated seeing these two in his sanctuary, ruining his good mood. The door was always locked, and there was no way Shawn would forget that. 

However, something was different about them. Usually, Larry would never go in public looking less than his best—sharp suits and the best luxury accessories. Everything would be polished and pressed to perfection. Will would also emulate this, choosing the brands the top stars would wear. 

However, Miles noticed this wasn't the case for the night. There was more grey in Larry's mussed hair, and stubble was growing on his chin. He still wore a suit, but it was rumpled, and his tie was crooked. His usual platinum watch and tie clip were missing, as were his cufflinks and rings. It was subtle but glaring to Miles. 

Will was in worse shape than Larry. He looked nearly slovenly. His slacks were stained, and his wrinkled dress shirt was missing buttons and untucked. His eyes were red, with a bruise forming around one, and he had a swollen lip as if he had gotten into a fight. 

As Miles observed him, Larry was frowning. Despite his appearance, he was judging the outfit Miles wore. But Will was more surprised than anything. His eyes would not leave the mask in Miles' hand. 

"I asked you two a question," Miles urged. 

"You've put on quite the spectacle," Larry huffed, ignoring his question. "To think you would sabotage your own blood."

Miles laughed and tossed the mask on the couch. He went to the sink and splashed cold water on his face. He ran his wet fingers through his hair, pushing his curls back. To antagonize them further, he took his time drying off. 

He took a deep breath, readying himself for their nonsense, before he turned back around. Although Larry continued to glare, Will's eyes were still glued to the discarded mask.

"I'm tired of the redundant rendition. How long will we play this game, Larry?" Miles asked with a smirk. "We have established that we are not family multiple times, blood be damned."

Larry made a hissing noise out of disgust. "I don't know your grievances against us, but you've gone too far." 

Miles would have gone ballistic if Larry had said something like this six months ago or even a few weeks ago. He would be in his right to scream his outrage. But now, Miles was numb to this provocation.

"Grievances?" He questioned in an even tone. "I don't have the time or patience to list my grievances."

"Don't play the victim with me. I know you're still hurt that I wouldn't step in to pay for Nina's hospital bills," Larry sneered.

The calm demeanor Miles had evaporated the moment he heard his mother's name on Larry's lip. "You have no right to bring her up," Miles said darkly. 

"She's the one who called me before she died, begging for help."