20. Pullback

Shawn and Miles walked out of the studio together

Shawn and Miles walked out of the studio together. They were lost in their conversation and didn't notice the few workers in the lobby watching them. As soon as they exited, a slew of text messages was sent, gossiping about the CEO becoming seemingly close to someone.

Miles took a deep breath with a smile. The air had gotten colder, and he was starting to see his breath fog. "I suppose it's almost time to put the bike away and use the car more often."

Shawn looked concerned. "Please tell me you're not using the motorcycle still."

"Always. I'll ride her as long as I possibly can." Miles laughed and winked at Shawn, who was trying to stifle a laugh from his phrasing. Miles nudged him with an elbow. "What are you craving now? My treat."

Shawn grinned. "A burger and a beer."

Miles clicked his tongue. "I'm more than capable of affording more than that."

"I know. But my VP, Scott, has been on this Keto kick for the last month and a half. He's been forcing me to join him. If I have one more bunless cheeseburger, I may have to fire or kill him. I'm still debating. So for my VP's sake and my sanity, I need a goddamn burger."

Miles patted his shoulder with a chuckle. "Alright, I'll get you the best burger in the city."

"And we're taking my car," Shawn said while looking around for Miles' bike. "No way you're getting me on your bike."

Miles rolled his eyes. "Don't get your panties in a twist. I had Phase drive me today."

Shawn's shoulders relaxed a little. "Thank Christ." He nodded toward a black car parked on the side of the road. "Then you navigate."

Miles grinned and approached the car. He couldn't help but recall the last time Shawn had offered him a ride. His hand hesitated on the handle for a moment, but then Shawn opened the door for him, taking away the option of running away. Shawn smiled to encourage him, and Miles found himself sitting down.

Shawn went to the driver's side and buckled in before starting the car. Miles' eyes roamed around the interior but stopped to soak in Shawn.

Shawn reached over to lower the music, and Miles watched his muscles flex and tense with every movement. His gaze focused up Shawn's arms, to his broad shoulders, and then his neck decorated with those almost-hidden beauty marks.

Could a neck be enticing? Was he going crazy?

It took all of his effort to keep his hands to himself. He wanted nothing more than to trace the lines of his muscle up to the tendons on his neck, to brush his fingertips across Shawn's Adam's apple, to hold on to his chin...

"Miles?" Shawn called out softly, breaking Miles' reverence.

"Hmm?" Miles couldn't formulate his words for a moment.

Shawn's smile pulled at his lips. "Are you going to tell me where to go?"

"Go?" Miles flushed. "Oh! Shit. Yeah. It's closer to my place in Brooklyn if you don't mind going that far."