24. (-) Skew Rub

A couple of weeks had passed since their time at Aura, and they had to place their mutual desire on hold

A couple of weeks had passed since their time at Aura, and they had to place their mutual desire on hold. Shawn had often found himself stuck in the office, carrying out his plan for Eclipse, while Miles had started working more on his turntables. Ever since seeing Trickshot in his studio, he had become worried. He deleted everything that was in progress and the planned setlist no longer appealed to him, so he started over.

He was still tired from the late hours he had put into his studio. He wanted to stay in bed and ignore the world for a few more hours.

Against his better judgment, he picked up his phone and saw several text messages waiting for him. He laughed at the ones that streamed in from Phase and typed a quick reply. He then moved to the next unread message.

Shawn: So, remember that favor you owed me?

Miles grinned as he sent a response.

Miles: Vaguely. Remind me again?

Miles' phone rang with a Facetime call. He felt his breath hitch when he realized it was Shawn. He ran his hand over his face, hoping that he was presentable. He looked down, realizing he was just covered with his sheet and was very naked underneath. He bit his lip and leaned back against his headboard, ensuring his lap was covered, and answered the call.

"Miss me already?" Miles asked. His voice was still heavy with sleep and gravelly.

Shawn's hair was damp from a shower, and he wore a thin undershirt. He stilled as he took in Miles' appearance and his eyes were heated.

"Did the screen freeze?" Miles asked with a chuckle.

Shawn groaned and ran his hand over his mouth. "Give a man a warning if you answer like that."

Miles tilted his head a little and feigned confusion. "What do you mean?"

Shawn shook his head, and Miles noticed a light blush on his cheeks. "Half naked and... damn... did you just wake up?"

Miles grinned. "I did just wake up. I had a late night."

Shawn coughed. "Were you going to the studio today?" Miles could tell that he was trying to be calm about it, but the way he ran his fingers through his hair multiple times showed that he was affected by Miles' appearance.

"Phase is done with his part, and I'm giving Flux a break today, so I hadn't planned on it."

"Ah, that makes sense." Shawn smiled.

Miles raised an eyebrow, feeling that Shawn was beating around the bush. "So, tell me about this favor."

Shawn grinned. "Let me take you out for lunch."

Miles was about to complain that Shawn wasn't answering but paused when Shawn put his phone on the counter and stepped away. He was still in fame but further away and slipping on a button-up shirt.