Chapter 20

Thalia's POV

After Drew and I hung up I immediately called 911 then my mother. My mother rushed home, she picked Carla and I up then brought us straight to Chris's house. It was absolutely mad when we got there. There were parked cars littering the streets, people on them trying to get a glimpse at what was going on. Then I think I saw the most heartbreaking scene. Two men rushed out of the house carrying Chris on a gurney, behind them were another two men dragging a screaming Drew. He was shouting at them, he looked so lost and I couldn't even see his face yet.

"Girls please stay here." My mother mumbled, getting out of the car and running up to the men and Drew. I didn't want to disobey my mother, but I couldn't just stay here when my little brother needed me. "Carla stay put." I said sternly casting a glance back to her, she looked horrified and tears were in her big sad eyes. She nodded still staring at the scene unfolding before us. I practically flew out of the car and towards my brother. "NO! Let me go he needs me let me go!" My heart broke, as Drew thrashed some more, mom was trying everything to help calm him down but nothing was working. The ambulance took off down the road, taking Chris with them. Drew sobbed more, and I could finally see his face, his eyes were red and puffy from crying. His face was so sad and broken, the light that was once in his eyes were no where to be found. "I need him, please." Drew begged, calming down slightly. The men gently laid him on the ground and one of them pulled away a small needle.

So that's why he was calm now, they gave him a sedative. "He needs me." He begged one final time before drifting out of consciousness. I really just wanted to comfort him, and I really hope that Chris is okay. How could he do this though?

Drew's POV

I wearily opened my eyes, they kinda felt like they had ten pound weights on them. I looked around the room in confusion, it was a hospital room. I shot up with fear, at the sudden remembrance. Chris.

"Hey hey hey just calm down Drew." I looked up to see my mom and Sisters sitting in chairs beside me. "Where's Chris?" I questioned a little panic seeping through me. My mom looked down, was she crying? Oh no my mom never cries. Why was she crying?" Fresh tears threatened to spill but I refused to let them fall. I looked over Thalia and she was refusing to look at me, tears were also in her own eyes. "Don't worry Drew he's okay." I looked at Carla who was looking at me in concern. "H-he's okay?" I questioned a little disbelieving. She nodded silently and Thalia embraced me in a warm hug. "I-I want to see him." "Sorry honey, they won't let anyone see him until his aunt arrives, they could only tell us of his condition." I nodded, I needed to calm down before I did anything rash...again. "Honey are you hungry." I shook my head, I couldn't eat, not until I saw that he was okay with my own eyes. I don't mean to not believe my family but when I saw him, he looked so pale and- and dead.

"Where's my nephew" I looked up to see a women shouting at the man in the front desk. The women had dark brown hair that went a little sat her butt, she was fairly skinny, like she could eat an entire cow and still be skinner then the average human. "Oh you're Chris Greyson's aunt." I sat up straight and listened intently. I saw the women who was apparently Chris's aunt nod, before the man led her back. I was about to get up and follow when my mom grabbed my arm. "The doctor will come and get us when we can see him." I hesitantly nod, not really wanting to wait any longer but knowing that it was for the best.

Chris's POV

When I opened my eyes, I was in a white room, there was a tv sitting in the corner and a chair on either side of the bed I was laying in. I was in a hospital. I'm not dead. Tears suddenly surfaced spilling down my cheeks. I was still alive. Why? Why god? Why can't you just please take me? "Oh baby!" I looked up to see my aunt running to me and throwing her arms around me. "A-aunt..." she cut me off. "shhh it's okay Chris, I'm so so so sorry, I never wanted to hurt you, I was just in pain about your parents and I took it out in you." She cared about me. "I love you.... you're my nephew, I promise that I'm gonna protect you and love you no matter what." I couldn't help but smile at this, she really did love me. I hugged her back which seemed to make her tighten her grip. Then I remembered something. "Where's Drew?" I attempted to sit up, but my aunt gently pushed me back down. "Who's Drew?" I looked at her and shook my head. "He's the guy I'm in love with."

A nurse came in not long after I woke up, she checked on me then took my aunt into the hall to talk to. I still hadn't seen Drew, I really needed to see him. After a while they both came in smiling. "Hi Chris there's this guy and his family that are the people who saved you, they really want to see you, is that alright?"

I nodded repeatedly, it was Drew, I know it. The nurse laughed lightly and left to go get them.