Chapter 14

Drew's POV
I couldn't sleep that night, instead staying up all night thinking of Chris. I still hadn't determined what I was, but I decided that I definitely had feelings for Chris whatever those feelings were. my alarm clock began shrieking, to wake me up for school and I turned it off, silently standing and making my way towards the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom. I shredded my clothes and climbed into the shower. After several minutes, I climbed out and dressed in a plain grey shirt, a black hoodie, a pair of black skinny jeans, and a pair of grey converse. I brushed my hair lazily with a comb and tiredly made my way down the stairs, yawning with each step. Ugh. I walked into the kitchen/dining room and collapsed into a seat beside my sister Carla who was eating cereal. "Hey moron." She stated, before taking another bite of her frosted flakes. I searched my brain for a good comeback, but my exhausted mind produced nothing.

So I replied with a lazy "Hello." She dropped her spoon and stared at me suspiciously, I rose my eyebrows at her and she quickly continued to eat quietly. My mother walked to me from her place in the kitchen, she sighed and rose her hand, placing it calmly to my forehead to check for a fever. She hummed curiously, "Are you feeling okay sweetie?" I nodded and shrugged, not in the mood to talk. She gave me one of those I don't believe you but I won't say anything looks, before turning back to the kitchen. "Hey mama, whats for breakfast?" My sisters voice rang from behind me and I glanced over my shoulder, she was wearing a red dress, which I found surprising because she hates dresses. I furrowed my eyebrows and she must've seen my suspicious glare because she rose her hand. "Tell ya later bro." Thalia stated before sitting next to me and I hesitantly nodded. "Sorry kids I'm in a rush so you have to fend for yourselves today until I get home." My mother spoke shrugging on a jacket and looking at each of us. "Where are ya going mom?" Carla asked the question we were all wondering, our mother hadn't found a job yet and she didn't mention a job offer to us so there was no explanation. She smiled from cheek to cheek, before walking to each of us and giving us a kiss on the head. "I'll tell you all if it goes well, but because I won't be back until late, Drew you're in charge take care of your sisters." I nodded and gave a fake smile. "What no fair I'm the oldest, I should be in charge." Thalia's angry protests filled me up with annoyance, we had this same fight every time my mom went out. "Thalia not now, you heard me now I have to go." I smirked triumphantly, before yawning again. "Humph" My sister crossed her arms, glaring at me.

I shrugged and stood, grabbing my school bag and throwing it on. I grabbed my car keys for my motercycle and following my mom out the door. "Wait how are we supposed to get to school?" I half laughed, at the sound of distraught in my sisters voice. "Ugh, Child you're gonna be the death of me, come on get in the car, I'm heading that way anyway." My sister smiled and ran out after my mom, Carla trotting along angrily. As she passed I patted her head, and she glared up at me. "Come on kid smile, it won't hurt your whole I'm gonna kill your whole family reputation." I laughed and she glared harder, walking away from me faster and climbing into my moms car. I watched as they pulled out of the driveway, and sighed running a hand through my hair. I pulled my phone out and clicked on Chris's contact. I sent a quick text asking him if he was gonna be at school. After a few moments my phone beeped, signaling a text so I glanced back at the screen.

'Well duh, I do have to go someday, or else everyone's gonna think I died.' I smirked, looks like he's back to normal after all. I didn't reply instead just walking to my bike, placing my helmet on my head, and an extra one in the bag connected to the back of the bike. I needed the extra helmet for the plans I had with Chris. The only thing is that he didn't know of our plans yet, but he wouldn't tell me no. I sighed starting up my bike and cruising towards school. Eventually I pulled up at school, and got off my bike, walking into the school. After stopping at my own, I went to Chris's locker to wait for him. "Awwww you waited...how sweet." I looked up to the most amazing guy in the world walking towards me. He stopped and stood up on his tip toes to ruffle my hair. I chuckled, and ruffled his hair back, he looked at me feigning offense. "Now Drew, I happened to spend 10 minutes this morning just on my hair." I laughed and moved out of the way for him to get into his locker. "Yeah well I took longer on my hair." I joked, flipping imaginary hair over my shoulder. "Oh yeah then you did that hair no favor boy." He joked back and we both shared a laugh. "Okay okay, but me and you we're going out tonight." He looked at me suspiciously, before shutting his locker, and we walked to class together, we had history together. "Yeah okay what you finally decide to kill me?" He laughed and I shook my head. "Nope." I stated popping the p. He looked up at me, a faint smile playing on his lips. "Okay so like a date?" He asked then looked at the ground, sheepishly. "Exactly Chris exactly." He looked yup again, this time the smile was larger, and he seemed almost shocked. "I think you killing me is more likely." He laughed at his own joke, and nudged my side playfully. I nudged back, and shook my head at him, before we both turned into our classroom and sat at the back in our usual seats. We talked sharing laughs occasionally, waiting for class to start. Now that he said yes, all I had to do was wait for the date. This day was going to last forever, I could already tell.