Chapter 9

Chris's POV

I groaned, tearing open my tired eyes and looked around the room, having a momentarily panic attack, not knowing where I was. Then everything hit me like a brick, and fresh tears sprang to my eyes. I grew angry with myself and wiped furiously at my damp eyes. Sorrow gripped my heart, and I buried my head in my hands, sitting up in the unfamiliar bed. Why? Why did god have to take them from my weak grasp. They were never around but I always loved them. Always needed them. The last words I said to them echoed through my head.
Flashback:
My mom and dad stepped through the door, half past 1:00. I sat up on the couch and glared at them from my seat before standing. "Baby what are you doing up so late." my mothers tired voice reached my ears but I ignored her question, fuming with the anger. "Ha that's rich mom, I mean why do you even care?" I snarled than chuckled darkly glaring once again. "Young man, you will watch the way you speak to your mother." My dad cut in, wrapping an arm around her. "Whatever." I shook my head and turned to walk away but not before saying my final sentence. "You know what, you guys are truly the worse parents. Just figured that you should know that." I said hate laced through each word. I turned my head slightly, to see my dad taken aback, and my mom, whose face was so hurt and broken. Tears were gathering in her eyes and she looked away desperately swatting at them. I scoffed and turned around, feeling momentarily sorry for what I said. I ignored the need to apologize and continued my trip to my room.
Flashback ended:
I sobbed harder, the noise only muffled by my arms wrapped weakly around my head. I never deserved them, I acted so bitter and treated them so coldly. They died thinking that I hated them. I said I didn't need them, I never knew how wrong I was. I blocked out all of my feelings because I didn't want to admit that I needed people. I didn't want to reveal that I couldn't rely on myself for everything. Reality slapped me in the face real quick, and shattered every piece of me. The door was thrown open and I quickly brought my head up, to face a shocked and surprised teenage girl. She was relatively pretty, with short blond hair and piercing blue eyes. She had high cheekbones, the only problem was her face was caked with a layer of makeup, which made her looks diminish a lot. She would probably be the kind of girl that I would go out with, if I wasn't gay. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Drew had company. She apologized,a look of sympathy crossing her pretty features. I nodded and managed a weak smile. She grinned. "Well I'm Drew's sister, Thalia." I smiled again and she crossed the room, sitting at the foot of the bed. "If you don't mind me asking, are you alright." I looked up at her and was slightly taken aback, was this family just naturally really sympathetic. I sighed and nodded. "Ye-" "Wait what's going on!?" Drew shouted sitting up straight in the sleeping bag. Thalia scoffed, glaring playfully at her brother. "Your so weird Drew." She mumbled, chucking a pillow at him, which he lazily caught tossing it back at her. She shrieked loudly making both Drew and I chuckle. Drew looked over to me still grinning. He furrowed his eyebrows before a look of realization swam through his eyes. "Well I wanted to tell you that breakfast is ready." I looked back over at Thalia and nodded. I watched as she walked briskly to the door and left without another word. I glance back to Drew who had now stood up stretching. He then walked to the bed, sitting down and looking at me sadly. I was confused as he brought his hand up and wiped the tears from my face. "How are ya feeling Chris?" He questioned a hand still on my face and his baby blues still locked on me. I don't know why but I felt so obligated to tell him how I really felt instead of lying. "Honestly I feel so heartbroken, like nothing will ever be okay again." I mumbled and looked down at my hands. "Hearts don't break... they only bruise, and bruises always heal." He said tilting my head up to face him. I was slightly surprised at his wise words. Who knew. "Now come along, I'm hungry." I chuckled lightly and stood up with him. "You're always hungry Drew." He looked back at me, pretending to look hurt. "Well that's just hurtful Chris." I laughed and nudged his shoulder. "Well if you're hungry lead me to the kitchen smart one." He laughed and grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the room and down the stairs. He led me to the kitchen releasing my hand and bolting next to who I assume to be his mother. I heard quiet mumbling and then she looked back at me smiling warmly. She was a youthful looking woman, with long brown locks that had specks of grey lacing through it. She had warm, wide brown eyes that were so welcoming. She brought over a large plate full of sausages and eggs, motioning for me to sit at the table. There were two people already sitting there, one I recognized as Thalia, who was smiling at me warmly, the other face was an unfamiliar one that was eyeing me curiously. She had long blond hair, and brown eyes like her mother. I smiled and took a seat in silence, Drew quickly took a seat beside me, their mother taking a seat next to the young girl. Everyone was shrouded in silence as we ate without any conversation drifting between us. "So mom wanna share with me who he is, and why he is here?" The young one asked, staring intently at her mother. "Now Carla, be polite and he is Drew's friend who will be staying with us for a while." I watched her, awaiting her reaction, she glared viciously. "How longs a while exactly?" She spat out through gritted teeth. "Carla." Drew spoke his voice laced with an unspoken warning. "Carla, Chris will be staying with us as long as he needs to." Carla scoffed and looked down at her food, moving it around with her fork. "Sorry I guess I missed the memo about us becoming a shelter for the people we pity." She grumbled angrily not looking away from her food. "Carla!" came the simultaneous angry voices of Drew, Thalia, and their mom. I guess my theory of everyone in this family being kind is wrong. I thought and heard chuckled erupt from Thalia and Drew. I looked up in confusion of what was so funny. They were looking at me still chuckling, while Carla was staring at me in distaste and offense, their mom was smiling. It took me a while but I finally realized that I must of said that aloud. "Ugh." Carla groaned standing up and leaving the room. I rose my eyebrows and their mom was shaking her head in disapproval. "I'm sorry Chris." She spoke and Drew wrapped an arm over my shoulder, I shrugged and continued to eat. This was going to be a long day. I thought as my previous familiar depression fled through me.

A/N
Hey guys thanks for reading I love ya'all so much and I hope your liking this story as much as I do. feedback is always appreciated and yay a back to back update.