Chapter 8

Drew's POV
I backed away from the door as it threw open towards us. I managed to balance myself out before I fell on my ass in the grass. Standing in this doorway stood a short, brown haired woman who looked tired and furious...my mother. I braced myself for impact, but she didn't say anything and just looked between Chris and I curiously. "Want to tell me where you've been son?" She grumbled through gritted teeth, glaring at me. "Oh you know, just going around town..." I leaned into her ear and whispered yelled the rest of the sentence. "Murdering hookers." I laughed to myself slightly and looked to Chris who was holding back a smirk. "Boy get in the house and explain to me... and you better not leave anything out if you value your life." she threatened and gestured for me to enter, I waited for Chris to go in first and watched as he looked around the house in curiosity. I followed into the house without a word, the house wasn't much. After all it only had 3 bedrooms and luckily I got my own room. "Drew why don't you show your friend to your room, then we can talk." My mom said as she took a seat at the dining table and rested her head in her hands tiredly. I nodded and led the still silent Chris up the stairs and into my room. I wanted to say something to lighten the mood, but I didn't want to upset him more. I opened the wooden door across from my sisters room, revealing a plain square room with a double bed in the center, there was a seat beside it and a dresser in the corner, the final piece of my room was the drum-set in the corner. He looked around then settled his eyes on me. Our eyes met for a brief moment, and I regretted it, he looked so lost, so broken. I wanted to take away all of his pain and protect him from ever hurting again. He sighed sadly then sat on the end of the bed. "Ill be back, make yourself at home." I smiled and left closing the door behind me. I sat quietly at the dining table across from my mom and looked at her expectantly. She matched my expression and glared. "Just tell me what you were doing out at midnight then coming home with a stranger." I sighed and looked away for a moment thinking of a good reply. "Well you see I was really killing hookers and that stranger is actually a hooker too, I'm planning on killing him later though." I said nodding and trying to keep a straight face. She scoffed and looked towards the staircase, back at me and there was a challenge lying there. "Fine." I groaned out and she smirked slightly. "I was sleeping and my friend 'Chris' called me asking me to drive him to the hospital..." she motioned for me to continue a flash of concern spread throughout her face. "and it turns out his parents had died and he has no where to stay so I figured he could stay here." I said staring at her silently pleading that she wouldn't care. She looked momentarily sad and she looked at the staircase concerned. "That poor boy...of course he can stay as long as he needs to." I smiled and thanked her before retreating to my room, I was about to open the door when I heard a window open from my sisters room. I pulled my hand away from my door handle and backed up putting an ear to the door, before bursting in. My older sister was frozen, a leg already dangling out of the open window. I smirked caught red handed. "Well, well, well... now where are you off to at this hour?" I questioned in my most parental tone. she groaned and climbed back into the house throwing her jacket on the ground in the process. Thalia sat criss-crossed on her bed and looked at sleeping Carla as she rolled over. "no where." She mumbled looking at me again. "Yeah, really looked like it." I replied sarcastically. She glared and looked away again. "Fine, I was just going to a party that I was invited to. okay?" I shrugged, a tad bit surprised that she already had gotten invited to a party. "Drew... I swear if you tell mom..." I held up my hand stopping her mid sentence shaking my head and smiling. "Just don't get pregnant or anything...I'd be obligated to kill him." I grinned and retreated to the door. She glared playfully and chucked a pillow at me, which I dodged. "you're disgusting Drew." I nodded and left the room, walking across the hall and into my room. I walked in and looked around for Chris, finally finding him sleeping on my bed, there were traces of tears coating his eyelashes. I frowned and went over to him, pulling the blankets over him. He mumbled something that I couldn't understand and turned over in the bed. I sighed and moved the hair from his eyes and sighing. Poor Chris. I shook my head and tiptoed to my closet, searching for the sleeping bag. Once I found it, I laid it down on the ground next to the bed and snuggled into it. I remember how when I was younger I would always pretend to be a caterpillar when sleeping in a sleeping bag. I smiled at the thought and drifted into sleep luckily enough tomorrow was Saturday.