Chapter 7

Chris POV :
We walked through the large, double glass doors, which didn't seem very safe in case someone wanted to shoot up the hospital....god I'm dark. The doors led to a large, open room, there was a large waiting area and a long receptionist desk in the middle of the room. I led Drew to the receptionist desk, and waited patiently for the grey haired woman to acknowledge me. She finally glanced up at me and smiled an overly cheery smile to be working at a place where people die everyday. "Can I help you boys?" She asked in a friendly tone of voice. I smiled back and nodded. "Someone called me and asked if I could come here." I stated in a matter of fact tone. "Well do you know who the person was that asked you down here?" She smiled and I looked down in thought. "I don't recall him saying his name." she peered down and frowned. "I can't be of much help to you if you don't have a name." I sighed running a hand through my already messy hair. "Ple..." "Don't worry nurse, I'm the one who called the boy." A familiar voice echoed through the almost empty waiting area. I turned to see the man behind the voice, it was and old, wrinkled, grey haired man. His face appeared tired and worn, making him seem 10 years older then he most likely was. "Oh of course doctor Thomson." The nurse turned back to me and smiled. The doctor motioned for me to follow him to the waiting area and I did, sitting in one of the chairs. Drew collapsed into the seat beside me, looking like he was going to pass out at any second. He looked to me and gave a tired grin, I smiled back then turned my attention back to the doctor who was sitting across from us. "Mr. Greyson... it would appear that your parents were in an accident." I immediately sat forward in my seat my heart sinking. "W-what?" I mumbled, I heard him perfectly, but I couldn't except it. "Mr. Greyson, your parents were in an accident and." he stopped and I knew what was coming, but I needed to hear him say it. "And?" I stated sternly, not allowing my voice to crack. "And they didn't make it... I'm sorry for your loss." I swore that I could hear my heart crack in my chest, this can't be happening. I felt hot tears threatening to spill over but I refused to allow them to. I stood up and walked calmly out of the hospital and into the dark night... the fresh, cold air whipping me in the face as I left the building. The tears spilled out and left a trail down my cheeks, I stood there in the middle of the sidewalk, feeling all of my happiness leak out of me leaving a small, broken boy it's in place. "Chris I'm so sorry." Drew's voice echoed behind me, no longer sounding tired but more awake then ever. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and I became angry... not at him but at the whole world. I just did the only thing I could anymore... I took it out at him. I yanked my shoulder away from him harshly and spun around to face him. He looked taken aback, the tears were still spilling over. "YOUR SORRY... WELL THAT'S GONNA DO A WHOLE LOT." I screamed and he backed up a bit, looking hurt and I felt a pang of regret, but I couldn't stop the hurtful words that poured out. "MY FUCKING PARENTS ARE....DEAD." "Their dead." I felt like my legs were about to cave beneath me as the reality sunk in. I didn't even notice Drew, as he walked cautiously to me wrapping me in his arms. I fell to the ground and he followed me down not releasing me from his iron gripped hug. "Their dead." I mumbled into his chest, letting a strangled sob escape my lips, I wanted to die... the only people I had left and their dead. Gone. Wiped off the face of the damn earth. I sobbed and gripped Drew's shirt between my fingers. I don't know how long we sat like that, but eventually the tears subsided but the pain felt like thousands of knives piercing through my heart. I pulled away from Drew and he looked down at me, there was a look of shock in his eyes, and he stood up reaching a hand down to pull me up. I grabbed his and he pulled me to my feet, not releasing my hand as we walked to his bike. I stared at my feet, feeling empty. I climbed on behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso. He started the engine and took off, the tears began again and slapped me in the face as he drove. Why? Why them? He stopped and looked back at me, I looked at the house and saw that it wasn't mine. It was a medium size house, probably 2 floor, and was a cream color that was highlighted with a bright red door. I looked to Drew in confusion as I climbed off his bike. He climbed off too and smiled sadly. "I figured you can stay here for awhile until you figure things out." I furrowed my eyebrows contemplating staying or demanding that he take me home. I really didn't want to go to my house, too many painful memories. I nodded to him and he grabbed my hand and led me to the red door. I watched as he was about to put the key in... when all of a sudden it bursts open.