50

Authors Note; Sorry I've been MIA

500 BC

500 BC

"Mother!" A young Imani shouted, running into their hut with tears streaming down her face, her new friend, a white boy with green eyes following behind her with a fearful expression. "Pollo hurt me," she shows her mom her cut on her hand.

Ayanna leans down, a small frown on her face.

"I didn't mean to," Pollo tearfully told them, "I'm sorry, Mani."

Imani stomps her foot and turns her head away from her new friend, "Na na na na na. You are not here, I cannot hear you!"

Ayanna tries to fight a smile but fails, "Imani, he didn't mean to."

"I hurt."

Ayanna nods, "I know you do, but maybe it was an accident? Yeah?"

Imani looks at her hand that seems so much smaller in her Mother's as a warm feeling encompasses it, "Maybe."

"I'm sorry, Imani," Pollo hugs Imani and hands her a flower he found, "forgive me?"

Imani hides her face in her hands, giggling as she accepts the flower, before kissing Pollo, "Always."

Ayanna watches her youngest daughter and her new friend, Paolo, but she calls him Pollo, run off to play again, a smile on her face.

"Young love is beautiful isn't it?" She spoke as her husband wraps his arms around her.

"She is too young for love," Mbaku grunts, a frown evident even in his voice, "she'll always be too young."

"My Father said the same thing-"

"And tried to kill me the first day I spoke to you, the day I asked to court you, and the day of our wedding, let's not forget he almost succeeded when the girls were born," he shows his wife the scar along his chest, now fully healed, "Eboni and Imani are my little girls, no boy will ever be good enough."