27

"Did anyone follow you?" Tove asked them

"No," Ivar huffed looking around the darkness that surrounds them, a candle in one hand as he sits on his chariot behind Hela, "But we have questions."

"All will be answered by them," Tove nodded to the middle of an opening in the forests.

"By who-" Hvitserk stopped when he sees a young woman with eyes similar to the seer they had seen earlier today with red hair that knotted down past her shoulders holding her hand out to them, the eye on it blinking, "Two graves, two hearts, ones broken, ones not, ones remembered, ones forgot, the future is bleak, and all is lost."

"Not this nonsense again," Ivar huffed, "can you speak in English?" Ivar asked slowly.

"Two graves, two hearts, ones broken, ones not, ones remembered, ones forgot, the future is bleak, and all is lost."

"That's not really helpful now is it?"

The woman title her head, raising her other hand, "Help comes in different forms," she said moving her hands around his face before gasping when a vision of a dark skinned tall woman with black smoke surrounding her and the graves beneath her feet, "all magic comes at a price."

"If I have to hear that again I'll make someone pay the price," Ivar clenched his hands, "What do you see?"

"Mara, has he been touched?" Tove asked warily. Being touched by dark ones is never a good sign. The Dark Ones are of great magical properties, healing all and everything, but not without asking for something in return and it is never an easy thing to pay back. She's heard stories of them stealing the lives right out of peoples bodies, stealing children, removing kingdoms from any and all memories. One could never really repay the dark ones.

The seer, Mara, slowly nods, brows furrowing, "No toll, too long, death to far, life to short," she mutters taking her hands away from Ivar when a shiver runs through her body.

"Is that good?" Hvitserk asks backing away from Maras hands that come close to him. "Is it bad?"

"Yes," Mara said moving her hands around his body, the eyes brightening and not blinking, creeping him out even further, "Life so long, death so vivid, my apologies for your future," Mara said.