Endings And Beginnings!

"Where the hell were you,Jude!"

"I am sorry, Mom. I had a patient  to save."

Jude gave a side eye to his mother who was glaring at him.

"Ya. You are right on time. Jewel's next"

"Oh! Here she comes"
Albert signalled them.

"Next, Presenting the award for the university topper for Pathology-
Dr.Jewel Mathew,Batch of 2020"

"Woohoo!Go Jewel"
With her family cheering for her and beeming with pride, Jewel went up the stage to receive a very special proffessional achievement.

Two years back, if she was told, that this would be her, in 2023, Jewel would have punched you. She would be convinced that it was mockery wrapped in flattery.

She was a woman, who hated her life and loathed her worth. She thought the whole world hated her and believed she deserved it.

Every failure felt personal and it didn't help her in any way.

What changed?

Love.

Love changed everything.

Love that came to her, when she wasn't looking for it.

Her heart had been broken for too long  when she met her soulmate in a blind date. It was numb and had no warmth to offer him.

She tried but it was not an easy ride.

Her father's love was wrapped in toughness, her mother and brother didn't know how to help her as she wouldn't believe them,  her mother-in-law doubted and tested her, her husband struggled and failed to express himself, her best friend became her enemy and she still had to learn to love herself first.

But had it been easy and comfortable,it wouldn't have changed her for good.

There was a time when she wanted to cut her biggest cheerleader out of her life. Now, she won't hesitate to die for him.

They are her family.

Albert was tearing up while clicking her picture.

Jewel smiled at him and he mouthed

"I  am proud of you"

See! Her dream came true! And she had one man and his family to thank for that.

He was a man who could not afford to chase his dream. Yet, he was a winner.

Jackson could do that, because he accepted and appreciated what life gave him. But again, his passion was to love her!

He taught her that, even if you are not living the pre-planned life, its important to love the life that you have.

She once believed she should have been a surgeon. But Pathology chose her.

It didn't work for her, because she kept whining about what she didn't get.

Everybody wondered what was not working for her consistent hardwork to go in drain like that, but Jackson taught  to change that mindset first.

Jackson taught her to love what she had with her. She could finally let go off her regrets and Jewel found a new passion in herself and today, she is victorious in it.

There he was, cheering the loudest.

"Thats my daughter"
Lizzy was also very proud.

Who would have thought that this woman, who absolutely wanted Jewel out of her son's life, will be cheering for the same girl one day!