The Friend

"This is crazy! Whats going on?"

Jewel asked them both as she got into the car, which Rolex had literally raced out of the party.

"Nothing" Jackson who was still holding on to her hand replied.

She released her hand and said
"Was that old man your father, Jackson?"

He didn't reply to that. She knew he won't. So she knocked somewhere she could get an answer.

"Rolex, what is going on? I feel like I am being kidnapped."

"Jewel.."

"Why do you care,huh?You said you don't expect anything from me,didn't you? So what is with these questions?"
Jackson didn't let Rolex answer that.

"I deserve to know,because.."

"For godsake,Jewel.This has got nothing to do with you.Anyways,just 5.5months and we are done,aren't we?"
Jackson interrupted her.

Rolex knew it wasn't his place to say anything. He kept driving while checking on Jewel through the rear view mirror. He could tell she was pissed and disappointed.

Nobody spoke a word till they reached home. Rolex made sure that the couple got home safely, and took his exit.

He knew the old man.

Tobias Luther- Jackson's father and Lizzy's husband.

He hasn't seen him at his prime but remnants of his aggression is still alive in Jackson's nightmares.

This man was a master gaslighter.

He is the abuser but the victim won't even recognise it. Somehow, he was always justified.

Till now, Lizzy believes she was wrong somewhere.

She forced Jewel to adapt to Tobias's rules, believing that those where right. And that didn't end well

Knowingly or unknowingly, this man has always been a visible influence in Jackson's life.

He had a set time for everything and he forced others to follow his timetable. He had unrealisitic hygiene expectations and Lizzy had to oblige to that as well.

He wrapped his abuse in protectiveness and labelled it 'discipline-enforcement.'

Last time he checked, Tobias had sold their home in the city, which was bought by selling Lizzy's jewellery, and had moved to a countryside with his new wife. She was someone prettier and younger than Lizzy.

To see him serve drinks like a waitor, did take Jackson back.

"I hope he will be fine"
Rolex cared for his friend.

A part of him also wanted to protect Jewel from this mess. He suppressed his urge to take her away from all of these.

But, she was angry. Things were always kept from her. Now, there is a father -in- law? And Jackson won't even explain it to her?

She slipped out of her gown and found herself a bathrobe.
Removed her makeup and took a quick shower,while Jackson started running on a treadmill.

"What a crazy punk"
Jewel could only exclaim.

As she got out of the shower,Jackson was still running on the treadmill.

Jewel,still mad, went for her skincare routine. She had jumped into a very comfortable pajama and sleep was now knocking her eyelids. As she finished it, she saw him lying on the treadmill, still clinging onto it.

"Jackson?"
No response.

Jesus Christ! He was breathless...like literally breathless...
Jewel ran upto him and asked