The Rolex Situation

"Good Morning, Jackson!"
As Rolex walked in he saw Jackson in a deep thought.

He recollected himself and replied
"Hey"

"Just a hey? Has the divorce sickened you already? Why so gloomy, Jackson?"

"Nothing.Rolex, can I ask you something?"
Jackson thought he should be honest as early as possible.

"Ya, anything!"Rolex sat down on his office sofa and Jackson joined him.He poured some tea and asked

"You remember Jewel right?Not as my wife, but Jewel, like Jewel-Jewel?"

Rolex released his eye contact,looked away and said
"Ya, she was the therapy girl, I remember."

"She saw you yesterday.Just a glimpse in the rain and she came running to me asking if I knew you."

"Really? You said she wasn't talking to you at all?"

"Ya.She wasn't. But she was practically begging me to talk about you,though."

"Really? I wonder why!Ha..ha"
Rolex looked away.

"Were you guys.....?"
Jackson paused to find a surprised Rolex.
He continued
"Were you guys really close? Like best friends? Or maybe.."

"Hey, whats with all these questions? We were friends Jackson, just friends!
Besides I left the town soon, don't you remember?I haven't seen her in years!I didn't even know that you guys were getting married!"
Rolex said in one breath.

"Then why did you leave from my wedding without meeting her? She had asked who it was! You even told me not to talk about you with her"
Jackson was opening up his doubts.

"Jackson, listen, I had a really big emergency that day! Besides, I just didn't want my face remind her of the therapy sessions and trauma she had back then!"

"Trauma?You said she was just stressed due to exams?"

"Jackson,Jewel's a very complicated girl. She had her own insecurities and complex emotions. Its HER story to share, not mine. Also whats with all these questions?"
Rolex lied really well. He knew that Jackson was getting suspicious.

He would rather not risk his friendship and job for an ex-fling.

Was Jewel just an ex-fling? No.. She meant much more, but none of it is relevant now.

"Hmm..So you guys were just good friends and Jewel must have been just surprised,right?"
Jackson summarised.He really believed his friend.

"See? Thats all!Did you call me to ask this?"

"No...Actually I wanted a favour"
Jackson looked straight at Rolex and smiled enthusiastically.

*****************

"You tricked me"

Rolex complained as the men waited for Jewel at the cafe.

"I specifically used the term favour, I remember!"

"Yes... You said you wanted to drink coffee with me.You didn't tell me you were calling Jewel as well."

"Hey, Help me out here!She doesn't know you are here either"
Rolex didn't argue with that. He was getting cold sweats just imagining meeting Jewel, his first love whom he dumped like a jerk, after all these years.
'Of course, she has moved on.Just smile and relax, Rolex'

While Rolex tried to hypnotise himself, Jackson said
" Hey..hey..here she comes.Act natural"
Jackson said while Rolex wondered who needed to act natural.Both of them were getting cold sweats.