The Rebel

She was furious.She was confused.She was restless.

Why! Just why did he do that?

The judge gave them 6 more months to work on their marriage.Its a nightmare! I am not going back there!

As they exited the court room, she chased behind Jackson, who couldn't meet his eyes with hers.

Today wasn't supposed to go like this.
They were supposed to see the beginning of the end of their relationship which was a product of complusion, convenience and peer pressure.

As she caught upto him, suddenly, everything became brighter. Once she turned around, camera's swarm at them.

Oh, right!  The media.

Obviously,Jackson Lizzy Martin is a famous guy!
So, as much as his wedding, which was a "private event", his divorce is also a topic of interest. The number of cameras are too many today.

Even their wedding was an article in the local newspaper. Thanks to her family's reputation, there wasn't much of judgement on her back then. But people talked.
As if it was Jewel's jackpot.Obviously, they were questioning her pride and self confidence.

Facing those flashes was indeed a challenge. She would rather be invisible. A panic started to creep into her heart.

As her breaths went heavier and vision got diplopic, she felt something warm embrace her and a calm voice whisper to her ears
"Its okay, lets get out of here."

As she turned her face to right, she saw Jackson wrap his arms around her shoulder and gently pull her away from the camera lenses, to lead the way for her to leave.

"Jackson sir, are you guys back together?"

"Ma'am is it true that had an abortion"

"Sir, what do you have to say about the rumors of an extramarital affair"

"Ma'am is it true that you asked 20% of the incinerator's shares as alimony"

'Who the hell are these people?What the hell are they asking?Do they even listen to themselves before asking things like these!'
It was too much for Jewel's introvert mind.

Unknowingly, she took few steps with Jackson holding her tight and, then it occured to her.
Well, he ain't an ally! She is supposed to be angry at him.

Baam!

She thrusted him away, enough for all the reporters get a nice catch of her anger.
That looked even wierd and mean.
Jackson looked at her amidst the camera flashes mouthing

"Its okay...Its okay"

Camera clicks  got wilder and Jewel ran away for her life.

"Jewel.... Jewel wait"
Jackson followed, but, if only he could catch up to her.

All of this drama kept the newspaper columns really happening.

***************

"Stupid, idiot, donkey"
Jewel called herself at the mirror.

Once she reached back to her newly rented apartment, she couldn't help but wonder what the hell was she thinking. She had gone to confront Jackson, instead ended up making a huge scene for the whole town to watch. The worst part is that she ended up being the villain in public eye.

She looked around. Chaos! Not just her life, but that apartment as well.

Its been only a week since she left her hostel and moved into this 1bhk apartment. Her lazy ass haven't even opened a single delivery package, haven't mopped or broomed the house, even her laundry was undone.