The Date

As they took a 1 hr drive,Jewel made Jackson realise that he knew so little about Iris Vallis.

"See....you turn left at the junction and its barely a 10 min ride from there"

She looked relaxed,her seat belt on and Jackson could see that she was excited.

"I have always heard of this restaurant but never really been to this part of Iris Vallis"

He said.

"Really?Why do you think this place is called Iris Vallis?"

"Why?"

"You will see"

"How come you know so much about this place?"

"When I was young, dad used to bring me and Jude,when mom was busy and away.We would hang out and eat from here.Its actually not that fancy,but they are 24x7 open.You will see that actually,its kind of an inn.I used to love the smell of the bread they made."

"Really? You think they will feed us even at this hour?"

She checked her watch and realised it was close to midnight.

"You said I could bother you at any midnight?"

He turned his head and was surprised.

"Ya..of course,why not! Don't you have to go to work tomorrow?"

He was right.As far he knew her,Jewel was someone who could not wait to reach home and crash on her bed.She would be too tired to even wash up.

It had been a while since she had impulsively suggested something like this.

"Here you go.We have reached our destination."

Jackson carefully parked his car and they got out.

"Its a cafe."

He said loud and she nodded.

The weather was chilly.He saw a dangling dream catcher hanging in front of its door.It was all painted in light brown color.The highlight was the smell of Jasmine flowers that bloomed at night.

Summer is here! Jackson realised.

They had a green colored board placed outside,where they had written that days speciality dishes.

One drink striked him.

'Special Sulaimani!'

'Now,what could that be'

Jackson wondered!

Jewel opened the door for him and he entered,while she followed after him.

Surprisingly,the cafe was not empty even at this hour.

There were couples on a date,college students and solo people.Some of them was watching the television where they played 'The notebook.'

"Ah,notebook again!"

Jewel sighed.

"Why not?Its a story of love"

"I don't know.I would rather watch Harry Potter."

They found a seat.The man sitting opposite to them was reading 'Pride and Prejudice'.

Romance was in the air and it was the coziest he felt in a while.

"But its a fantasy movie,right?Harry Potter?Its not real."

Jackson asked after they ordered him a salad and a sandwich with milkshake for Jewel.

Though he was intrigued by the 'special sulaimani' in the menu, as someone who also stuck with what was familiar,Jackson went ahead with his usual order of a salad.