| Chapter 9 |

October 23, 2016

Minnie's Birthday

It was Minnie's birthday and she was in the park waiting for Miyeon.

It will seem strange but the two friends hadn't seen each other for a month, since Minnie was discharged from the hospital Miyeon was always busy with dates with Chanyoung or with the university.

Often Chanyoung went out on business trips and on those occasions Miyeon called Minnie.

For once, at least for her birthday, Minnie had asked Miyeon to spend a day together.

After a few minutes of waiting, Miyeon arrived and hugged Minnie.

"Hey Min, how's your arm? Still it hurts?" Miyeon asked

"I'm fine, my arm still hurts from time to time, I have to keep the plaster on for another fifteen days." the younger said, making the older nod.

"Let's go?" Minnie asked and Miyeon nodded.

After an hour, the two friends were now downtown, strolling through the shops and admiring the windows.

"Min, see how cute they are!" Miyeon said, pointing to some bracelets displayed on a stall.

"Excuse me... how much do these bracelets cost?" Minnie asked the salesgirl.

"No Min, what are you doing?"

"Shhh, it's my present, for you and for me too." Minnie said with a wink at Miyeon.

The brunette was touched by those words, every time she went out with Chanyoung and she stopped at a stall, he mumbled something and walked past her leaving her behind. In fact, as their relationship progressed, she noticed how different the boy was from the boy she met on Valentine's Day. Very often she doubted the boy, but she ignored her thoughts.

The raven took her wrist and tied the bracelet around it.

Miyeon kept staring at Minnie as she put the bracelet on her, the brunette's heart was pounding, she had never noticed this side of the taller.

"Done!" Minnie said with a smile reaching her eyes.

Miyeon began to feel butterflies in her stomach, a feeling she had never experienced before, neither with Chanyoung.

'It's normal for friends to give each other gifts, right?' thought Miyeon.

Miyeon was so deep in thought that she didn't notice that Minnie was speaking.

"Yeon, are you okay?" Minnie asked getting Miyeon's attention.

"Umh?"

"You've been staring into space for a few minutes, is there something worrying you?" Minnie asked with a worried expression.

"No, sorry, were you saying something?" Miyeon answered smiling.

"I asked if you could tie mine?" Minnie said, offering her wrist to Miyeon.

Miyeon took the bracelet and tied it around Minnie's wrist.

"Thanks Yeon..." said the raven while looking at her wrist "...are you hungry or do you still want to walk?" Minnie asked.

"Let's go to lunch, it's already 12.30pm."

"I'm taking you to a restaurant they opened last week, they serve all your favorite foods."

Miyeon smiled and linked her arm to Minnie's and the two began to walk.

After half an hour, the two friends reached the restaurant.