| Chapter 5 |

January 31, 2016
Miyeon's birthday.

Minnie was nervous, it was Miyeon's birthday and she had prepared a surprise for her that she would show her after school. She had also asked for Bambam's collaboration for the success of the surprise but she was afraid that the older would not like it.
The younger hadn't bought a present for her best friend yet and was worried she might not be able to find one.

The older had just woken up and was overjoyed. Finished getting ready, she headed to the kitchen to have breakfast, where her parents were welcoming her, her mother had the cake in her hands and her father was holding a gift box.

"Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday dear Miyeon, Happy Birthday to You~" her parents sang the song together for Miyeon.

"Miyeon-ah, make a wish!" said Miyeon's father.

Miyeon clasped her hands and closed her eyes, after blowing out the candles her father handed her the gift and she took it.

When the brunette opened it, saw a new phone. After putting the phone back in the case, Miyeon hugged her parents, ate a piece of cake and left the house to go to the park where Minnie was waiting for her.

The older came up and hugged the younger from behind her.
The raven was startled but then she recognized the brunette's voice.

"Good morning Min." Miyeon said, letting go of Minnie.

"Good morning Yeon, Happy Birthday." Minnie said with a smile that reached her eyes.

"Thanks Min." Miyeon answered, and the two headed towards the school.

During the morning several times Miyeon had received greetings from classmates and teachers.

The day was over and Minnie was walking Miyeon home.

"Yeon, I will pick you up from your house at 4.00pm tonight. Wear warm clothes and don't wear skirts, ok?" Minnie said.

"Okay, but where are we going?" Miyeon asked, curiously.

"Secret." Minnie replied with a wink at the older.

Miyeon pouted, but then she gave up.
The raven stroked her head and planted a kiss on her cheek, leaving Miyeon petrified.

The taller went away and the brunette smiled at the gesture of the youngest, Miyeon touched her cheek and entered the house.

The younger had been working all afternoon and she forgot to buy a present for Miyeon. It was already 3.30pm and she had to go home to change clothes and had to buy the cake.

Minnie arrived home, unfortunately her father was there. Minnie tried to ignore him but the action only made him angrier.

"How dare you not say hello to your father, bitch. I feed you and let you live here and this is your way of saying thank you?" her father yelled, punching her.

Minnie bumped against the wall, but she didn't make a sound.

"Dare you call yourself a father?! REALLY?! After all the bad things you did to me after mom died?" cried Minnie.

Her father lifted her by the collar of her sweatshirt and started hitting her.
Minnie was silent the whole time, she wanted this to end as soon as possible.

"Next time learn to temper your tone and don't you dare to speak to me like that again." said the father, before leaving the room and Minnie on the floor.

Minnie got up ignoring the pain, ran to her room and changed her clothes, tidied her hair and wiped the blood from her face, grabbed two blankets and went out, then went to Bambam.