| Chapter 4 |

December 25, 2015

Christmas Day

It was the Christmas holidays and Miyeon and Minnie didn't go to school. The younger hated the holidays because she wasn't going to school, her father forced her to stay home and the raven was beaten more often.
Unlike Minnie, the older loved that time because she could be with her parents.

That day Miyeon decided to call Minnie to ask her to meet, she wanted to give her a gift, but the younger didn't answer.

Meanwhile the raven, while she was cleaning the kitchen from soju bottles, was scolded by her father who threw a bottle near her bare feet, its shards cutting her foot and she screamed in pain.

Her father started beating her and when he finished he left the house to buy more Soju.

Minnie was slumped to the ground, the glass hadn't just cut her foot anymore but now her face and arms as well.

She picked up the phone to call Bambam, she noticed Miyeon's missed call on the display but she ignored it and immediately called her friend.

"Hey Min Merry Christmas!" Bambam said, on the other line.

Minnie was silent, then she took a deep breath.
Because of the pain all over her body she couldn't even breathe properly.

"Bam... please come home now... help me..." Minnie said and she started crying in pain.

"I'll be right there Min, please hold on and try to stay awake!" answered Bambam ending the phone call.

The boy knew that this was the most painful period for Minnie so he hurried to get to Minnie's house, meanwhile Bambam called Miyeon.

"Hey Bam, Merry Christmas! What is this call about?" Miyeon asked, on the other line.

"Yeon, urgently prepare a room for Minnie, we'll be there in an hour." Bambam said and without waiting for an answer he ended the call.

After a while, the Thai boy arrived at Minnie's house and took the spare keys that the youngest had left him for emergencies.

Going inside, Bambam found the younger lying on the floor with tears in her eyes from the pain and broken bottles scattered around her.

Minnie didn't have the strength to get up on her own so Bambam lifted her and led her to her room.

After dressing her wounds, Bambam cleaned the broken glass and Minnie's blood from the floor of the kitchen.

Back in Minnie's room, he find Minnie asleep with dry tear marks on her cheeks. Looking around, Bambam noticed a small box on Minnie's desk and a note next to it that said:

'To Miyeon, my one and only Dahlia, Merry Christmas'

Opening the box Bambam saw the bracelet Minnie had told him about.

Minnie had worked extra hours just to save money for that gift.

Bambam took Minnie's box, note and phone, whereupon he covered her with a blanket, lifted Minnie off the bed and left the house. Once they got down, Bambam laid Minnie on the back seat of the car and, after sitting in the driver seat, started the car to go to Miyeon's house.

Meanwhile, after ending the phone call with Bambam, Miyeon had started to worry, she was afraid of finding Minnie in her usual condition or even worse.

After an hour from Bambam's call, Miyeon heard the doorbell ring and hurried to open the front door. Miyeon was shocked to see Bambam carrying a Minnie full of bruises and plasters on her face and unconscious in his arms.