Chapter 20: The Deal

Tine's pov

"She has taken her medicines and sleeping now. Don't worry about her and have a nice day at the campus," dad said over the call.

It has been three days since I met my stepmom. Things have improved a lot between us. I wouldn't say that we have become a close happy family now as there was sudden awkwardness which was still around. Like calling her 'mom' in front of her looked so damn hard. It was a lot of her to take in...no doubt that she seriously adored me but even that didn't give me enough courage to confess to her that I wanted to referred as my mother...only if she allowed.

I made my way to the classroom. I had been on a break from the premises during these three days and had a lot to catch up. It was very nice to have Fong and Mil as friends who kept a check on me through calls and texts. As I passed the corridor, I could sense that the vibe of the campus has changed a bit. Rather than the usual silent environment during the time of the classes, the corridor was occupied by groups of students engaged in attentive disscussions within their groups. The expressions of excitement on their faces gave me the idea that some fun filled activity is suppposed to happen which I had no clue about.

I passed the crowd to reach my class which technically was about to start but the scene within the class was the same... the students were not sitting in the class but were actually busy with their respective groups talking in comparatively loud tone.

I made to Fong who too was busy conversing with some students.

"Fong... what's going on?"

He turned towards me and pulled me aside. Unlike the excited students around, his expressions were that of nervousness and tension.

"Even I don't know the entire thing and what led to this situation. A while ago I was informed that today in the afternoon, Mil and Sarawat are going to have a boxing match and everybody is planning to see the match," he said.

I tried looking for any sort of correlation between the two of them and boxing but failed. I looked back at him with confused expression.

"I know you must be confused at what is going on? All I got to hear is that yesterday they both got engaged in some sort of argument over some girl and Sarawat ended up challenging Mil to face him in the boxing ring."

"But why would somebody as calm and smart as Mil would agree to fight somebody like Sarawat who knows nothing rather than troubling and hurting people?"

Having known Mil closely, he was way too smart to lose his cool around Sarawat. I was sure that there was definitely something else which had made him agree to this match.

"Let us talk to him and ask him to cancel the match," I suggested only to see Fong giving me a dull look.

"You really think I didn't try! I have called him multiple times since morning but he isn't taking my calls. Even texted him to avoid the match and guess what! He read the message but didn't reply!"

"This is so unlike Mil! Do you know where he is?"

Fong shook his head in denial.

"Tine, I am quite worried for Mil. From what I can get from the people around, that though Sarawat is not a regular player but in his younger years he was part of the boxing team for a while."

Knowing how competitive Sarawat was...him having an edge over Mil further deepened my stress level. There was a huge possibility of him getting seriously injuried if he fought.

"Is there no way that we can we can stop Mil from fighting?"

"I wish he does so. I have no idea what is going on his mind!" Fong replied.