Chapter 15: The praise

No One's pov

For the voting purpose, everyone in the crowd were asked to submit their votes right away at a web page created for the event. Once that was done, Green who was the head of Music Club announced that within half an hour the winner's name would be declared.

In no time, all the six team leaders were called on the stage for the final declaration of the results. Though the competition was between six teams but it was no surprise that one of either Mil or Sarawat's team was expected to win as these were the only name the crowd were chanting continuously. Tine and Fong were glued to their place, with Tine mentally praying for Mil's win who he knew had worked extremely hard. He passed Mil a comforting smile when their eyes met. His eyes then shifted to the person standing just beside Mil, Sarawat, who Tine had always seen carrying his confidence over his shoulders staring down at his fingers,shaking his left leg mildly reflecting his nervousness indicating how serious and dedicated Sarawat was towards the competition. Moments before Green took over the mike, Sarawat lifted his head in Tine's direction. With no usual wink or oversmartness plastered on Sarawat's face, Tine just kept looking at him while in this moment of immense stress, Sarawat felt his nerves calming down as he felt Tine peeking at him. Before Tine could contemplate his action, his hand raised towards his heart and he took a deep breath, signally Wat to do the same who in a reflex followed the action. With his hand on over his heart, Sarawat took deep breaths which did dimished his restlessness but not even for a jiffy his eyes left Tine's who was smiling at the visible lightness he felt in Wat's demeanour. It was as if they could communicate through the thin air. It was only when Green's over-enthusiatic voice hit their eardrums, their moment ceased.

As expected the top two were the guitar and paino teams. Green being the over-dramatic soul he was, kept everyone hooked till the very end when he called out the winner team's name hitting his height pitch.

"The winner is...Team GUITAR!!!"

The sudden rush of emotions was visible on the members of the winning team who rushed to the stage and surrounded Wat who was still in a daze. He hated Mil but he knew that he and his team were no less. Before he could handle the news, his teammates were already around him crushing him with their hugs.

Fong's disappointment at Mil's lose was quite evident, Tine too felt down for a while but for long as he knew that the trophy went to an equally deserving team. He raised his hands and clapped hard, smiling widely at Mil who took steps to reach them.

Sarawat looked in the direction where Tine was, anticipating him still staring at him but much to his dismay, it was Mil who had grabbed his attention. The entire lot of people were chanting his name continuously, his best friends were going gaga over their friend's win which should have been his focus but rather than that, his eyes failed to tear away from the very end of the stage where Tine was clapping for Mil who was approaching him. Tine didn't really look at the declared winner for once as his eyes were stuck to his friend who might have not won but for him, he was no less than a true winner.

He moved swiftly towards Mil who had just gotten down the stage and engulfed him in an amiable hug.

"I am so proud of you Mil. You were mindblowing today," he said patting his back.

"Mil you were fire on the stage!" Fong said making them break the hug.

"Thank you guys! I am very happy that you loved the performance but looks like it was my team's day," Mil replied with a gentle smile.

Tine shook his head smiling at Mil's words, "Didn't you tell me once on the badminton court, giving your best is more important than winning for a below par performance and you gave a fantastic one today."