Chapter 3: On the Court

Tine's pov

"Hey, it's so nice to see you here," I turned to see a boy smiling at me.

I looked around to see, if there was anyone else there when I heard him say, "I am talking to you."
He had a constant smile on his face, I smiled back awkwardly having nothing to reply.

Well, that is the kind of person I am! I just cannot engage in a conversation with a stranger. Not that I have any ego or so but it is just that it makes me feel that I don't really have anything interesting to hold the other person's attention and I believe that it is because of this very reason I didn't really have many friends at my previous school.

As if, understanding my poor communication skills, the boys took the initiative to introduce himself," My name is Fong. You might not have noticed but we have our English class together."

"Oh, sorry... I think I didn't really notice," I admitted. I would attend all my classes but it was true what he mentioned that I didn't really notice any of my classmates across different classes.

He chuckled as he added," How would you notice me or anyone else when you are such a bookworm! But let me tell you everyone in class knows of you pretty well."

His words did confuse me but then before I could ask him anything, he continued," Almost all the freshers of our Dept were there when You and Sarawat had that confrontation on the first day."

" Oh that..."

It had been four days since that incident and  I had seen people pointing towards me though I never paid attention to any of them but now with what Fong mentioned, I was sure shot that all the weird and unwanted attention  I was getting since the start was due to my unplanned meltdown with Sarawat.

"Well, I have given my trial. Hope to get selected. Fingers crossed!" He mentioned excitedly.

All the freshers were supposed to join two clubs each as per their choice. Today was the selection day for Sport clubs. So freshers were busy throughout the day, giving the trials and since, badminton was my first love when it came to sports hence here I was waiting for my trial.

I just wished to get selected in the team peacefully but when my eyes landed on Boss who was part of the core team taking trials of the new comers, I was sure that things weren't going to be smooth for me.

I asked Fong about Boss' importance in the trials to which he revealed that since the main Student Head of the game named Dim wasn't present, hence Boss being the Vice Head was given the responsibility to conduct the trials.
I was busy preparing my mind to avoid any unwanted conversation with Boss which might make my chances of selection tough but to just raise my tension even more I saw someone I least wanted to see right now entered the court.

" Why is Sarawat here?" Fong questioned aimlessly breaking my trance.
Sarawat did give me a straight look making me confused as he walked towards Boss.

" Do you think that he is here to cause trouble for me?" I asked Fong who patted my shoulder before he answered, "Can't be sure about it but that can be the case."

"Listen to me Tine. Just for your own sake, don't get engaged in any war of words or action with them today! It is your day to prove yourself on the court and not to entertain them," Fong said.

I looked at him momentarily and a smile crept on my face before I could notice. It was so nice to have someone give me such a selfless advice at that moment.

Fong surely had an undeniably positive aura around him. Even though it was our first meet but I felt an instant comfort with him.

NoOne's pov