Chapter 8: A hint of a beginning

Tine's pov

Dad and Type left the next day in the evening. It was a Sunday so all three of us were free. It was a really refreshing feeling to wake up to a house where I wasn't alone. By the time I woke up, Type had already prepared breakfast.

Talking about Type, in these two days, I actually felt that I noticed him from a distance. He was surely not the irritating and naughty soul I had assumed him to be when he came to live with us when Dad married Busaba. The sudden realisation of the moments when I literally made him leave my room by insulting him several times kept me at a guilt trip.
Also, Dad and Type looked really close. Their relationship seemed way more jovial and comforting to me than I ever had with Dad which did develop a hint of jealousy in me but I didn't let it take over blaming it on me for never attempting to speak my heart out to him.

Dad had called me twice since he left and it wasn't even 24 hours! I was just getting in the bathroom to take a bath in the morning when he called me.
It was a normal call but the fact that he did take the effort to call me so early in the morning brought a deep peace to my heart. I made a self-note to be the first one to call him in the evening.

My mood was very happy which was quite visible on my face as Fong mentioned when we met in our common class. It was by the end of the class when I checked my phone, I came across the message sent by Busaba. Fong had already left by then, and I too was on my way to the next lecture.

I clicked on the message which read-

'Hello Tine, I am so happy for you and your Dad. Can't tell you how happy he sounds talking about you ever since he got home. He told me that he is super proud of you for managing your life so well in Bangkok.

Also, I want to tell you that he has told me that from now on, he will be calling you everyday which means that now I won't be troubling you with my daily messages!

I know you must have felt quite irritated by my constant messages but I just wanted to let you know that you could always contact us and we were just a call away.

Anyways, now on I assure you that I will step back as now your Dad is there to look for you.

Love you son.'

A sudden discomfort enveloped me when I was done  reading the message. Of course, Busaba's daily messages used to irritate me initially but then over time I had got use to them!

'So now Dad is there to keep a check on me then she must have thought why try herself by sending me messages!'

I concluded feeling uneasy.

'Good for her! Why am I even thinking about her? It's not like we had any sort of relationship that I should be offended with her!'

I had no clear idea why was I even feel awful by just reading a message. I closed my eyes counting my breaths trying to ease my mind which was dragging me back to Busaba.

Fong was busy speaking non-stop over random things but my mind was too pre-occupied by the message I got earlier in the day to engage in his talks.
It was time for our first badminton club meet up since we were selected. I was also supposed to attend my music club meet up next which meant a face off with Sarawat which just added to my sore mood.

By the time we got to the court, some players have started practicing. I had just pulled out my racket when I heard Fong say, "Hi Mil, so nice to see you here."

I turned around to see Mil approaching us with a badminton racket in his hand. He was covered in sweat but his face still had the same smile I had seen when we first met.