Chapter 9: Getting in the flow

Tine's pov

True to her text, I hadn't got even a single text from Busaba since the Iast three days when she had messaged last. Though Dad would call regularly but I was still need to come to terms to the fact that she wouldn't message me from now on. It had happened multiple times in the three days when I would like into my phone to see any text notification from her purely unintentionally.

'Why am I acting so stupid? It's not like my life will pause because of absence of her irritable texts right! Also, she has her husband and son by her side then sending me texts must have felt a burden to her now when Dad was in direct contact with me.'

With this self-drawn conclusion, I would keep my mind at peace for time being till I would end up remembering her messages!

Life at school was also getting into a regular flow. Not that I had managed to form many friends but having Fong and even Mil to have by my side most of the time was comfortable. Just like Fong, I didn't realise when my association with Mil turned into that of friendship. We would meet at the badminton court daily and would walk together to the music club.
The only nuisance left was the presence of Sarawat which I couldn't escape now that he was my core guitar tutor.

Three days back when I had gone for my first guitar class. All the selected ones were introduced to four seniors by Green, one of which was of course Sarawat. Since, we were 20 freshers hence each of the seniors was expected to focus on just five of us which meant we were supposed to be divided into groups. Green gave all the freshers the chance to select the senior of their choice who we would like to be our mentor and to mention the name on a paper given by him. The moment Green made the announcement, girls around me starting whispering collectively...their faces having wide smiles with their eyes stuck on Sarawat who obvious to all of it was sitting in the deepest corner of the room with his focus on mobile.
This was my only chance possible to not see Sarawat quite often. Having a different mentor meant we would be practicing separately. Honestly, it didn't even matter to me which of the rest three seniors would I have as my mentor and I was just about to write name of one of the seniors Pete who looked the most decent one among the rest when I heard someone calling out Green's name.

"Green! You forgot to tell them all that the senior they select has the right to reject them if they found them not worthy enough based on their skills of play guitar!"

I turned to spare a look at the owner of the voice only to find his eyes stuck on me with a slight smirk on the corner of his lips. I was smart enough to realise that his words were meant for me. There was no chance of me being selected by any of the seniors, given the fact that I didn't even know how to hold a guitar properly, let alone play any chord. I was way too foolish to commit such a mistake but Sarawat's words prevented from that to happen as I wrote his name on the paper keeping a stone at my heart not even being sure if he would take me in his group or not! But the fact that he took my audition and got me in the club knowing that I didn't know anything about playing guitar just made me hope that he might take me in his group, though I was very well aware that he did have some sort of plans against me to even let me pass the audition but for the current state that I was in, my only focus was to get selected in a group.

By the end of the first interaction of the music club, all of the freshers were allotted groups, me being under Sarawat's along with four girls...who were his fangirls! All groups were then allotted seperate rooms. Once we got to our allotted room. Sarawat asked us to settle down.

"Green has already informed to you all the necessary details which you are expected to know of... but let me tell you once in this room since you are on the my direct guidance here, you have to follow all the instructions that are given by me if you want to remain part of this group," Sarawat spoke in his usual authoritative tone while all the girls and even me paid attention to it.